STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Hiding an invisible PC from the rest of the group

I have a group that has a rogue that loves to sneak in combat so that the enemy has to seek him out in order to attack him. The problem is that the rest of the group knows where he is because he is out there on the map. So they are precisely placing area of effects that just miss him. I would like to remove his counter from the map for them, but so that he could still see it and move it. I tried to make him neutral faction, but that causes him to disappear to himself too. Any ideas on how this could be accomplished? I am using FGC if that matters.

Players can't be made invisible on the Combat Tracker - only enemies.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Perhaps you might introduce some variability into their precisely placed AoE attacks...
    Roll a d10 on a 1 nudge it up 1 square, 2 up and across 1 square, 3 across 1 square etc and on a 9-10 it goes exactly where thy intended
    Ofc you could use a d12 and then 33% of them hit correctly, or a d20 and 60% are good.

Assuming you are keeping careful track of where the PC is, you could always remove their token whenever it's not their turn.

When I change the PC to alignment (little coloured face) to anything other than Friendly, I get a invisible eye icon. (IE I can make them invisible)
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    When I change the PC to alignment (little coloured face) to anything other than Friendly, I get a invisible eye icon. (IE I can make them invisible)
    Unfortunately, it's not that simple:
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyhunt View Post
    I tried to make him neutral faction, but that causes him to disappear to himself too.
    I think it would be fairly easy to make an extension to override that so you can always see your token regardless of faction...

On that note, what is the blue alignment ("faction") intendend for?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaister View Post
    On that note, what is the blue alignment ("faction") intendend for?
    I'm not sure where a blue faction is. Screenshot please.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I'm not sure where a blue faction is. Screenshot please.
    If you click on the "head" repeatedly it cycles through "friendly" (green), "neutral" (yellow), "unfriendly" (red) to, finally, "faction" (blue).

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-05 um 10.21.27.png

Quote Originally Posted by Zaister View Post
    If you click on the "head" repeatedly it cycles through "friendly" (green), "neutral" (yellow), "unfriendly" (red) to, finally, "faction" (blue).

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-05 um 10.21.27.png
    It doesn't do that in the standard ruleset without any extensions. That looks like the empty indicator in the normal ruleset, which is just another option - they're not known to be friendly, neutral or hostile - just another categorisation (and display colour in the CT) - use as you wish.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information