STAR TREK 2d20

Can't see Player Maps

When sharing player maps, all that shows on the players screen is a blank window. DM maps work as normal but nothing on player rules. Currently playing Ghosts of Saltmarsh, but have tried maps from other campaigns and no player map seems to work.

Hi Sir Jump, welcome to FG.

Do you have tokens on the player map, properly placed on the map by dragging from the CT. And have your players clicked on their tokens?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

At this point, we don't have any tokens as the player map is non-existent for any but the DM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Jump View Post
    At this point, we don't have any tokens as the player map is non-existent for any but the DM.
    In Unity the Line of Sight is automatically enabled (if the map has LOS on it) and so the players won’t see anything until their tokens are properly placed on the map.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

i am having similar difficulties with my player map showing to my players in 5E LOMP game. Here is what i see on my screens. I have two instances of the game showing. the left screen is my DM screen, the right side of this screen shot is the player instance. the player screen is nothing but a tan screen with my player on it. I can't get the screen to work. I have placed my player from the CT onto the map. I have LOS on. I have clicked on the character from the Players instance and moved him around. no visual comes. the map is the redbrand hideoutScreenshot (2).png I hope i posted this reply correctly and that it isn't some silly problem on my side. I am new to FGU still. But loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Shuey View Post
    i am having similar difficulties with my player map showing to my players in 5E LOMP game. Here is what i see on my screens. I have two instances of the game showing. the left screen is my DM screen, the right side of this screen shot is the player instance. the player screen is nothing but a tan screen with my player on it. I can't get the screen to work. I have placed my player from the CT onto the map. I have LOS on. I have clicked on the character from the Players instance and moved him around. no visual comes. the map is the redbrand hideoutScreenshot (2).png I hope i posted this reply correctly and that it isn't some silly problem on my side. I am new to FGU still. But loving it!
    In addition to Los you also have the mask selected. Players will see nothing with the mask on until you physically reveal an area of the mask just like in Classic. Unless you have reasons for doing so you don't need the mask as well as LoS.

Thread Information