5E Character Create Playlist

Modules vs Rulesets

I'm trying to wrap my head around the difference between a ruleset and a module. My goal is to create whatever I need to adapt the RPGA's Xen'drik Expeditions campaign to FG play.

If I want to include an XML version of the Campaign Standards (PDF) that would just be adding a module, right? I could just create the module, by creating the client.xml as well as the definition.xml and slap in a picture for the "book" so the players can reference it during play - then as GM I allow or disallow the module.

Or do I need to create a custom "RPGA" ruleset to use a custom module like that?

I'm currently working with the assumption that unless I want to change the layout of something (the desktop, the character sheets, etc) I don't need to tinker with modules, but I'm not sure, and I'm not sure where to start.
    This space for rent!

Nope you are correct. If all you want to add is information a module is the way to go.

The ruleset now is for altering character sheets, scripting, desktop, etc.
    Last edited by joshuha; April 26th, 2007 at 21:57.

Thanks!

Now I just need to find a decent way to enter a 30-page document into XML. ^_^

I mean, sure, I *could* just do it in notepad, but I'm laaazzzyyyy.
    This space for rent!

Have you tried the /export command in FGII (just type /export without any following parameters)? It could be rather useful in your case. You'll still need to cut and paste the text into story pages, add images etc., but still I think it would be worth checking out.

When I get an adventure written I'll do that.

I'm looking to convert a PDF document that's used as a reference book into a module format.
    This space for rent!

Thread Information