DICE PACKS BUNDLE

FANTASY GROUNDS ULTIMATE LICENSE on Steam does anyone know?

The current sale price of $145.14 for Fantasy Grounds Ultimate Lic. Is that a one time purchase or do you still need a subscription to continue using FG?
    Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Give aid to those in need when you are able. Never follow thoughts of gain into the pursuit of evil, and never hesitate to kill the villain while you have the chance.

Though as a reminder, that would be an Ultimate license for Fantasy Grounds Classic, and _not_ Unity. Unity is not yet available on Steam.

Still think I'd rather buy directly from FG. Thank You for the response.
    Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Give aid to those in need when you are able. Never follow thoughts of gain into the pursuit of evil, and never hesitate to kill the villain while you have the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagix View Post
    Unity is not yet available on Steam.

Is there an update on this? I own the Steam version of FG Ultimate and I feel like a second-class citizen. Is there any reason we couldn't send our FG Steam License code to Smiteworks for them to verify our ownership and give us access to the discounted, non-Steam FG Unity Early access upgrade pricing?

I'm sorry, I have searched the forums. But the answer "it's in Valve's court" doesn't feel like it holds up after four months. At some point you have to own that this is your product that you're supporting and something else needs to be done. Pointing the finger is unprofessional without a better explanation.
    Last edited by Isyn; August 7th, 2020 at 03:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyn View Post
    Is there an update on this? I own the Steam version of FG Ultimate and I feel like a second-class citizen. Is there any reason we couldn't send our FG Steam License code to Smiteworks for them to verify our ownership and give us access to the discounted, non-Steam FG Unity Early access upgrade pricing?

I'm sorry, I have searched the forums. But the answer "it's in Valve's court" doesn't feel like it holds up after four months. At some point you have to own that this is your product that you're supporting and something else needs to be done. Pointing the finger is unprofessional without a better explanation.

According to this twitch stream, they are going to try to get the Steam version out sometime in October.

It is still in Valve's court.

The basic issue is that FG has a lot of DLC (over 1700 different items), and Steam does not have the ability to associate this DLC with multiple programs at the moment, so they need to do some coding to address this unique use case. Doug mentioned a few months back that the other way to do it would be to re-upload all of the DLC one at a time (because that is how it is done for Steam). Doug mentions in this video (conversation is about 5 minutes) that they might be able to republish 50 or so a week.

So, some quick math:
    1700/50=34 weeks

That is basically 3/4 of a year to get it all, but all that time they would be adding new content as well, so likely closer to a year to get everything re-published. Not to mention taking resources away from development. It was a better decision to have Valve address the use case if at all possible.

It sounds from the Twitch video that Valve might have something soonish and Smiteworks might have the Steam version some time in October.
    Last edited by Sulimo; August 15th, 2020 at 22:24. Reason: Edited twitch URL which changed for some reason. and changed to October after listening again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyn View Post
    Is there any reason we couldn't send our FG Steam License code to Smiteworks for them to verify our ownership and give us access to the discounted, non-Steam FG Unity Early access upgrade pricing?
    Yes you can do this. Purchase FGU via the FG Store and then email [email protected] for a partial refund (i.e. the upgrade discount). You will not be able to get Steam Regional pricing, but you will get the discounted upgrade price.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information