FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Organizing

Organizing

I know as the GM I can make subfolders in the Story box, but can players make subfolders in there? Or can I share a subfolder while not sharing the documents inside it? I am using story items as a sort of handouts and I can see in the future there will be a lot of them so some form of organization will be required. If this is not possible how do you guys handle dozens of handouts for your players ?

Xargun

The 'NOTES' allows players and refs the ability to share text and linked images by setting to Public.

There's probably another way to skin this cat but it's what I use.

-Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Xargun View Post
    I know as the GM I can make subfolders in the Story box, but can players make subfolders in there? Or can I share a subfolder while not sharing the documents inside it? I am using story items as a sort of handouts and I can see in the future there will be a lot of them so some form of organization will be required. If this is not possible how do you guys handle dozens of handouts for your players ?

Xargun
    Hi. I create the handout in whatever form, then I share the link to the players so they can see it. Once it is shared I add it to a public notes entry. You can add entries one after the other so players can simply check the notes entry to see all of your currently available handouts, regardless of the format. You can do this by just dragging the hex icon into the notes page.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Hi. I create the handout in whatever form, then I share the link to the players so they can see it. Once it is shared I add it to a public notes entry. You can add entries one after the other so players can simply check the notes entry to see all of your currently available handouts, regardless of the format. You can do this by just dragging the hex icon into the notes page.
    That will work perfectly - I can have 1 note for each mission and just add the story entries into it. Thank you

Xargun

I have each player create an entry in "Notes" and then name them "[Character]'s Notes". The Player has to create the entry for them to be able to further edit it. If you create it, they will not be able to modify it. You can also create your own "GM Notes" to place your personal notes about the campaign into. I would not share this if it contains spoiler information. If you want, you can create "Shared Notes" to place public information into. Each players notes can contain their backstory info (rather than the small place on the character sheet), current events, clues, personal insights, or whatever suits them.

I generally have each player be responsible for their own note taking and management of their created notebook. Each player has different things they will deem important and they can manage that as they see fit. Plus, the GM generally is busy enough to not have to worry about maintaining a public notebook for the players. This is very effective for CoC games where the PCs are piecing together bits of clues, but I also use it for my Traveller games. The player who volunteers to maintain the ship ledger can also create a note and make it public to track all the financial aspects of maintaining income and expense. (The GM should not be doing this, imo.)

I hope you find a method that works well for your group and have fun gaming.

Thread Information