FG Spreadshirt Swag

Is there a way to locally test with your "player" not being your same name?

When testing an extension - I find my player has the same name as my host and this causes different behaviors than a true player (unique name) would have. Is there a way to fake a unique player name for testing?
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Technically, the FG user name is the empty string for most internal actions by the GM; though the GM name specified for the campaign is used for some chat activity and for User.getUsername() API. Depending on what you are doing, it might not matter.

Otherwise, to run two instances on the same machine, you would need to change the registry after starting the host instance, then start the player instance.
    Alternately, you could set up a second instance on another machine without those extra steps.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Technically, the FG user name is the empty string for most internal actions by the GM; though the GM name specified for the campaign is used for some chat activity and for User.getUsername() API. Depending on what you are doing, it might not matter.

Otherwise, to run two instances on the same machine, you would need to change the registry after starting the host instance, then start the player instance.
    Alternately, you could set up a second instance on another machine without those extra steps.

Regards,
    JPG
    Probably need the actual other machine/account. When dealing with windows nitty gritty stuff and keeping things in synch - it behaves differently if your testing locally as a pretend player.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thread Information