STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last
    Hello! I created a GitHub repository to build off of VegaFontana's code since they provided it under a GNU GPL-3.0 license. It works with data from the Beta 30 version of the Portable Compendium. So far I have made 2 releases:
    • v1.0.0: Original code from VegaFontana
    • v1.0.1: My refactor of the Power-generator script, so that it grabs all relevant mechanics text

I intend to work more on this project at my own pace. My goals right now (in no particular order):
    • Comb over the Feat and NPC generator scripts and refactor as necessary
    • Create an item-generating script (mundane and magical)
    • Create a trap-generating script
    • Modify scripts to create "book" mods, e.g. the Player's Handbook Power mod will have all PHB powers but no others
    • Split secondary powers from parent powers (e.g. Monk Full Discipline powers) and link their parent to them

If you have the Portable Compendium data, feel free to try this out! And if you're a developer who wants to contribute to this project, please feel free to fork my repository and open a pull request with your changes!
    Last edited by Valkyrion; March 29th, 2022 at 17:59.

Hey this is awesome! I am going to download it and test it out now. Thanks for the work, and I cant wait to see your next improvement!

Hello, I wanted to let you all know that with the help of GitHub user skelekon (don't know their handle on this site but feel free to chime in!), there are now Item generators for Portable Compendium data! This covers:
    • Basic Armors
    • Basic Weapons
    • Basic Items (generally any mundane gear that isn't Armor or a Weapon)
    • Magic Armors
    • Magic Weapons
    • Magic Items (generally any magic item that isn't Armor or a Weapon)

Feel free to pick up the latest release (v1.1.0)!

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrion View Post
    Hello, I wanted to let you all know that with the help of GitHub user skelekon (don't know their handle on this site but feel free to chime in!)
    I am skelekon here as well.

accidental post
    Last edited by skelekon; April 18th, 2022 at 08:00. Reason: accidental post

Hi all,

After helping out Valkyrion with his work to extend the original converter by VegaFontana, I have created a new application that can create 'proper' indexed Library Modules from the Portable Compendium data (from an idea suggested by Braincain007).

It comes as an .exe to put in the Portable Compendium directory, then run it from a command line to tell it what the filename and Library name should be, and which objects you want exported to the new Module. (If you put a 'thumbnail.jpg' in the same directory it will include that as the module thumbnail.)

Usage: module_maker.exe [options]

Options:
    -h, --help show this help message and exit
    --filename=FILE create library at FILE
    -l LIBRARY, --library=LIBRARY Fantasy Grounds' internal name for the Library
    --min=MIN only include magic items of this level and above
    --max=MAX only include magic items of this level and below
    -p, --powers outputs Power information
    -f, --feats outputs Feat information
    -t, --tiers divide Magic Armor, Implements and Weapons into Tiers
    -i, --items include all item types (= --mundane & --magic)
    --mundane include all mundane items in the Library
    --magic include all magic items in the Library
    -a, --all includes everything (WARNING very large library)

So this will get you everything in three modules:

module_maker.exe --filename 4E_Powers --library "4E Powers" -p
    module_maker.exe --filename 4E_Feats --library "4E Feats" -f
    module_maker.exe --filename 4E_Items --library "4E Items" -i -t

Note that you want the -t switch for items to split magic armors, weapons & implements into tier lists, otherwise the lists will be too large and FG will likely start lagging.

The feat lists are quite large also - they are already split by tier, so I am open to suggestions for other ways to make the lists smaller.

You can grab the .exe here at the project github

Bug reports and suggestions can be made here or at the github.

In future I would like to add a Rituals library as they are another player-facing feature that supports drag-and-drop onto character sheets.
    And roll poisons into the Items export.
    Also monsters for something DM facing.

Hey Valkyrion! Thank you so much to you and everyone else developing this!! It is MUCH appreciated.

I'm a little confused about the instructions though. There is no 'sources' folder in your repository, so I put the sql files into the sources folder from Vega's thing but then 'run_all.bat' in your thing doesn't work. Is there something I'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by qunitvineu View Post
    Hey Valkyrion! Thank you so much to you and everyone else developing this!! It is MUCH appreciated.

I'm a little confused about the instructions though. There is no 'sources' folder in your repository, so I put the sql files into the sources folder from Vega's thing but then 'run_all.bat' in your thing doesn't work. Is there something I'm missing?
    Thanks for letting me know! I kept the "sources" folder empty, so it looks like it didn't upload properly to GitHub. In the same folder as 'run_all.bat', make a new folder called 'sources', then put the .sql files within that folder. The 'run_all.bat' should then detect them correctly. I'll create a placeholder file in a later release so that the 'sources' folder is automatically present.

Worked perfectly! Thanks!

I incorporated some of Skelekon's changes into my main repo:
    • ddiPoison.sql can be exported to a module now
    • Basic armor/weapons/equipment are now housed in a FG Library table in their respective mods. This means you can drag a link from the table onto a magic item to modify it (e.g. drag a dagger onto an Acidic Weapon +1 to make an Acidic Dagger +1).
    • Mods are now all exported into a single "mods" folder for easy copy/paste.
    • The "sources" folder has been added for ease of use.

My current release is v1.1.1, but feel free to check out Skelekon's repo linked above; they seem to be updating at a much more rapid pace than I am right now and introducing some cool features like linked powers!

Thread Information