FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last
    Are there any plans to write scripts for the other sections of the compendium as well? I'd really like to be able to get backgrounds, classes, items, and races on FG.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovaan1243 View Post
    Are there any plans to write scripts for the other sections of the compendium as well? I'd really like to be able to get backgrounds, classes, items, and races on FG.
    There's no support for Classes or Races in the Fantasy Grounds D&D 4e ruleset. To have such features, you'd need to create an extension that's builds upon the CoreRPG ruleset, which would be no small feat. This is also apparent in the official 13th Age ruleset, which builds upon the 4e ruleset - no classes or races for it either. It would be possible to create them under a custom Story group and then export them into a custom module that your players can use. I wouldn't know though, how feasible it would be to export the compendium content into a auto-created story module.

Updated Power.py script to run successfully

Quote Originally Posted by vegaserik View Post
    Has anyone found a work around to get the powers to work? I don't relish the thought of 9000+ powers to enter manually lol
    Hi,

I downloaded the compendium today and ran the module generator. It failed while parsing the ddiPowers.sql file. Opening up the Python script and debugging it I found that there are 3 entries in the ddiPowers.sql file that do not confirm to the expected format for action type in the Python script. The script expects to find the action type either at contents[length -2] or contents[length - 4] for either record 1 or 2 of the parsed_html array. These entries cause the Python script to fail:

Orbmaster's Prismatic Sphere: When parsed the action type for this power is found at parsed_html[2].contents[length - 7]
    Fighter Combat Challenge: When parsed the action type for this power is found at parsed_html[1].contents[length - 7]
    Arcane Defiling: When parsed the action type for this power is found at parsed_html[2].contents[length - 3]

I have added a hack to the Powers.py script to get it to work. It's not pretty but it will work for now. I might look at making it better if I get time.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by qunitvineu View Post
    Okay my buddy who knows coding helped me out with this because it wasn't working at first but WE FIGURED IT OUT!!

When you go into the "db.xml" file in notepad ++ what you want to do is replace "<hp type="string"> " with "<hp type="string">" so that there is no space after the ">". Then when you pull npcs to the combat tracker their HP will come too.
    *Changing the other things that you said broke it and it wasn't able to find any of the monster data in FGU so just make the above change I think.
    Am I missing something with the rezipping->renaming process? I end up with a .MOD file that looks like it should work... but Fantasy Grounds won't recognize it like it will the .MOD that was first generated by the script? I've got both the original generated .mod and my attempt to fix and repack it sitting side by side in the modules folder, but Fantasy Grounds will only read the script-generated version.

Blog Entries
    Welcome Chicken Champ

When you zip up
    1. Zip the contents and NOT the parent folder
    2. Use standard ZIP compression only - no ARJ or 7Z formats and only use default zip switches

Thanks! I actually had success doing an end run around this, by removing some spaces in the Portable Compendium's ddiMonster.sql itself, before using it as a source. Then the .mod generates without unwanted spaces in the first place, without needing to be unzipped, rezipped, and renamed.

Is there any chance in getting items parsed?

Hey everyone, i have a quick question. I have the compendium and the parser. I ran them and the NPCs came out great, but the Feats & Powers came up blank. All the cards are there, but there is no details in their descriptions at all. Am I missing something, is this a common error?

Quote Originally Posted by trenth99 View Post
    Hey everyone, i have a quick question. I have the compendium and the parser. I ran them and the NPCs came out great, but the Feats & Powers came up blank. All the cards are there, but there is no details in their descriptions at all. Am I missing something, is this a common error?
    If there is a link in the top corner of the card, try clicking on it. For me, that opens another copy of the card with all the details included that I can use on the character sheet.

Thread Information