DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Couple of quick questions I'm struggling with

Hi there guys,

Wonder if anyone can help with some questions I'm struggling with.

Issue 1

At the moment, when I roll initiative, it groups all enemies of the same type. Is there an option I can select in FG which rolls each NPCs incentive separately? Is there a mod available if this isn't a stock option?

Issue 2

I'm rolling behind the screen and have "Show GM Rolls" set to Off. However, whenever I roll to hit in 5e, the players can see the result of my hit and the specific number in chat. So, my questions here are;
    If the players can see the results of my rolls, what exactly is "Show GM Rolls" for?
    How do I stop the players seeing the results of my hit dice?
    Is there any way that I can set it so the players see that they have been hit or not, but not see what the dice roll was?

The reason I ask is because of the Shield spell. It's widely accepted that the player should know they have been hit but not be given enough information to know that adding the additional 5AC would save them from the attack.

If anyone can assist with this I'd be very grateful.

Rylan
    www.accidentaldm.com - The diary of a Newbie DM

Both of these can be ruleset specific. So if you're not posting in a ruleset sub-forum please remember to mention what ruleset you're using.

For example, the Wiki has the campaign options for the 5E ruleset: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...mpaign+Options

Look at:
    1) Add: Auto NPC initiative
    2) Chat: Show results to client. If you're showing the result you can't hide the total. This is similar to in a face-to-face game - the GM rolls and asks the player "does 17 hit vs. your AC" (for example). FG just does the additional reporting the result for you. In your example of the shield spell, just like in a face-to-face game, the player would know whether using shield would work or not. And, in my opinion, as shield isn't a cantrip it should be able to be used without being wasted.
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 31st, 2020 at 12:26.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information