DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Blog Entries

Questions about combat

Still a newbie here with Savage Worlds. A couple of questions about combat. Can a character also make a vigor check (without using a benny) to soak wounds in combat, then if he's not successful, then use a benny? Can he use as many bennies as he wants in combat to soak rolls, or is it just once per round? Also, if a character fails a spirit check to get rid of shaken, can he then use a benny to remove shaken? Thanks for any info.
    Last edited by Niles; July 29th, 2020 at 21:03.
    See through the skies, far beyond our world tonight,
    Hear the sounds of freedom ring, in a silent dream,
    and a million miles away.
    Reach for the stars, and live our lives forever free,
    In our hearts for a thousand years, and a thousand lifetimes before.

And the dawn of a new day will rise, a light for us all. -Dragonforce

Soak no benny: Not by normal rules, might be special items or monsterous abilities but none that I can think off of top of my head. Also could house rule but never played that way so couldnt say.

How many bennies can be spent: As many as they have until they succeed, they are satisfied, or roll "snake eyes"/critical fail (1 on both trait die and wild die.

Shaken: Yes, PCs and NPCs alike get a free "unshaken" Spirit roll at beginning of turn. If remembering correctly, a benny can be spent at anytime to unshaken during their turn or during others turns. Can be done to help avoud taking a wound. Personally I require before damage is rolled.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mgrancey View Post
    Soak no benny: Not by normal rules, might be special items or monsterous abilities but none that I can think off of top of my head. Also could house rule but never played that way so couldnt say.

How many bennies can be spent: As many as they have until they succeed, they are satisfied, or roll "snake eyes"/critical fail (1 on both trait die and wild die.

Shaken: Yes, PCs and NPCs alike get a free "unshaken" Spirit roll at beginning of turn. If remembering correctly, a benny can be spent at anytime to unshaken during their turn or during others turns. Can be done to help avoud taking a wound. Personally I require before damage is rolled.
    Thank you for answering that. One more...when players use a benny to reroll a trait or skill roll, do they get as many tries as they have bennies as well?

Until they roll Snake Eyes, succeed, are satisfied with results, or run out of bennies. You and players get one reroll or effect (Reroll trait or damage, Unshaken, new action card, soak (but can be rerolled), regain Power Points, or influence the story) per bennie.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

I am running games this Friday 9am and Saturday 2pm. Both will be streamed on twitch, you are welcome to play if you want on either. There will be plenty of combat and chances to ask questions

Those are UK times, so I suspect Saturday will be you best bet
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    I am running games this Friday 9am and Saturday 2pm. Both will be streamed on twitch, you are welcome to play if you want on either. There will be plenty of combat and chances to ask questions

Those are UK times, so I suspect Saturday will be you best bet
    Thank you for the invite!

My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information