DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

GM Traveller Drowning Needs Help SOS

Fellow Fantasy Grounders,
    I am a brand new member to the FG environment and grown quickly frustrated. I have a large home spun custom Traveller campaign that I want to convert in FG into something for my friends and I to play. I read the reviews and FG was the winner though it was a tad co$tly. So I am into FG for nearly $200 now but cannot get a darned thing to build for me other than the player character sheets. I tried to follow the training vids but they are all aimed at 5E and there are glitches. I scrolled the FGU web pages but don't find Traveller specific how to vids.

I am trying to follow the instructions on a 5E vid but sadly the presenter is doing things only using the 5E system and I am trying to do Traveller so the buttonology is different. For example there is no Images AND MAPs button on the right only Images. But...buried In the library there is one named Images and Maps. I open it up and follow his instructions to drag and drop my map image...no joy. I repeated his steps over again and looked at the accompanying PDF for clarity. Again, no luck and the PDF too is all 5E focused, so the instructions do not jive with Traveller and I am getting nowhere except frustrated. If this is not going to work for Traveller I have to find another platform.

Are there any Traveller GMs who have experience with building a custom campaign who have the time to assist? I am working from home so for the most part have availability during the day and evening.

Thanks,
    Watchcase (Lee)

let me know how it works out.

i just did the same thing but am using a pre-made adventure before i branch out into a homespun campaign.

Hi Watchcase, I have a buch of experience with 5e and importing modules to to FG. I recently got into playing Traveller on FG and might be able to interpret what the videos you are watching to Traveller lingo to get you up and rolling.

How is your campaign's text structured? Word, pdf, notepad, etc.

I can help you out with images and maps, they are different things to us everyday players but are considered the same type of assets in the game.

Feel free to send my a pm or follow up here.

Cheers,

Greg

Blog Entries
    Also, I'm not sure if FG College has a traveller GM on staff, but it doesn't hurt to ask. You can put in an assistance request here; https://fantasygroundscollege.net/assistance-request/

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Smashing idea. I did that. Thanks.

The campaign text is MS word. The graphics are in PowerPoint but I can save the maps and other elements as jpg easily enough. I printed it all out to hand carry to the game sessions but have it all on my laptop.

I'll shoot you a note/PM tomorrow morning and see if you can perhaps talk via text or phone or Google hangouts or whatnot to help me see the light. I'm sure it's bright but I'm not so much... Thank's for the offer King Greg.

Lee

I am kind of an 'adjunct' over at Fantasy Grounds College - you can find me in the #other_rulesets channel on their discord server. I host a few classes in Char Creation, DM-ing, and am working on creating a class or video for creating your own FG modules - either using a pdf of a published adventure that hasn't been converted yet or using your own content. I primarily work with Fantasy Grounds Classic but many of the principles can be applied to Unity as well.

Hi,

Sorry you are so frustrated. There is always a learning curve with things. I welcome all your comments as I believe that first time users ask those questions the rest of us don't think about. So if you have questions, ask away and @Pzane thanks for doing what you've done so far.

I'm happy to give help to those that help the community. My main focus of time is on the ruleset and the core rulebooks. One the core rulebooks are out, most of the ruleset will be done I can then look at creating documentation.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

MGT2 FG Adventure Template mod

This is a mod I have created to facilitate creating adventures as FG conversions. Organized in the same way as a published MGT2 mod, you can create your own adventure mod with your existing Mongoose or TAS pdfs or with your own adventure's copy and images.

And thanks MBM! I feel this ruleset needs a little more championing, so I am trying to do my part over at FGC... along with CoC, of course!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by pzane; July 31st, 2020 at 15:13.

I am running a homebrew campaign for nearly 2 years now. We started with 1E and changed to 2E as soon as MBM had it converted.

After having all PC created, the central part for me is the story.
    I devide my story in chapters, containing text and images as well as tables etc, all the things I need.
    Images, I am "appropriating" *coff,coff* from PInterest.

As for combat:
    Sometimes I prepare battles, but mostly I just add PCs and NPCs to the combat tracker as I see fit in the situation.
    After adding them to the cobattracker, i drag them from there to the Battlemap image. The battlemap has to have a grid and you need to share it with your players.
    Then do your round to round combat.

Else, follow your story.
    Whenever you deem it necessary, let the PCs roll their skills.
    Have some generic battlemaps and NPCs ready, in case the players take a turn into an unanticipated direction.

Do follow the rules but be prepared to bend them or add to them, where flow of game and fun requires it.

There's not much more to it.
    Hope this helps, have fun!
    Nanoc

Thread Information