DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thank you for your note above Pzane. I will look you up in Discord.

I understand that there is a learning curve and am willing to learn new things and skills I am not shy about trying. However, there are usually mentors readily available or at least more bread crumbs to follow when learning a new program or skill. In this situation the bread crumbs are from a different kind of bread and the mentors, while available, are hidden and need to be found or step forward and volunteer (which is where you come in~and I thank you)

Regarding your next post with the file:
    What folder do I down load it into? how do I access it? I assume I drop it into the module file? I dropped it in there but it doesn't show up anywhere when I open FG up. I check the data module activation screen, nada. Not in the library, notes nor assets. C:\Users\g8rgi\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\campaigns\Have Ship Will Travel\moduledb

As far as the create your own adventure mod...That is what I am stuck on. All of this program is Greek to me. I don't know the first thing, the first step. I try to use the guides but hit dead ends for example I went to the community rulesets link and there is no FGU Traveller 2 (MGT2), only classic and D20 nothing for FGU https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ts#Traveller20

I am continuing to work on it.
    Thanks, I will look for you on Discord
    Lee

Good news somehow the template mod you shared with me uploaded into the Traveller program. Looking it over and seeing if I can reverse engineer it.

Hi, I've been creating my own games in FG traveller for some time, & running two campaigns for the moment.

I'd be happy to help out with your problems, you can drop me a private message here, as well as posting more direct messages on this forum.

It is a bit of a learning curve, but well worth it, seriously, I'll be using to help manage tabletop sessions when I can resume face to face playing.
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

Hey Backward what time zone are you in?

(I am PST)

I'd love 15 minutes of your time over zoom or discord if possible.

Np, I'm in UK, be happy to help, discord will be fine, send a pm & I'll drop you my username
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

Update: All thank you. I am making progress and moving forward. The template provided was hugely assistive. I will circle back with other questions.
    my timezone is in the US East Coast

Good to hear.
    I am zane#4583 on Discord and can be found at the Fantasy Ground College discord server... https://discordapp.com/invite/Ew6nYyw

Hi Pzane and Sylvesr,

I am sort of in the same space Sylvesr was a year ago. I am looking to start a MgT2e campaign and I am fed up with roll 20. I purchased many of the rules for MgT2e already. I am considering buying into the FGU Ultimate, but I want to know if I can use those PDFs I already have, or if I will need to repurchase them through Fantasy Grounds. So I guess I have two questions.

1. Is it possible to use the PDFs purchased from Mongoose in FGU, or will I need to re-repurchase them?
    2. Do the apps and links in the conversation above help me get address this issue?

My apologies if the questions are off topic.

David

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DHRo1970 View Post
    1. Is it possible to use the PDFs purchased from Mongoose in FGU, or will I need to re-repurchase them?
    2. Do the apps and links in the conversation above help me get address this issue?
    Fantasy Grounds does not use PDFs whatsoever, other than as documentation. To play Traveller 2E in Fantasy Grounds you'd need a Fantasy Grounds license (Standard minimum to GM; your players would also need their own Standard licenses; or Ultimate to allow you to GM a full table of free/demo players) and the retail Traveller 2E ruleset. From there you can freely enter the data you actually need yourself in the GUI, it's not all that difficult but it's time-consuming if you need a LOT of data to even begin your campaign. The DLC you can purchase is not a PDF (nor does it come with one) it's every bit of data and text contained in the PDF (or source manuscript, depending which the publisher provided to the developer) adapted to Fantasy Grounds data records and is ready for play. There is also a reference manual that is more or less is the FG equivalent to a PDF in terms of having "a book to read" (though if you also already own the official PDF anyway, sometimes I find it nice to have the PDF up too and swap back and forth depending what I'm reading).

You don't "need" to purchase any DLC other than the ruleset itself (which does come with the Core Rulebook anyway) if you're ok with entering the data yourself.

So I feel a weird combination of ridiculous, enlightened and humbled simultaneously.

Thank you very much for that break down of what the content is. This makes much more sense.

Thread Information