STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    It's definitely something that we have already acknowledged is a high priority after we can get the first release out. Essentially, it will be the tentpole for the second release of features and fixes. I was just adding that there is a lot to think about when you start throwing vision and lighting in the mix.

Regards,
    JPG

Well, if it was easy I guess it would have been done already :-)

One year later and this high priority feature still isn't implemented. Kind of makes lighting pointless when you can see infinitely far anyways. I can just disable LoS and the vision radius works fine with a torch. But if I want the token collision features that come with LoS then I have to deal with PCs being able to see past their light source's range even into unexplored areas as long as it's in a straight line. Manual masking is a huge pain so I wouldn't really call that a fix.
    Last edited by GEONE; August 3rd, 2021 at 22:43.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GEONE View Post
    One year later and this high priority feature still isn't implemented. Kind of makes lighting pointless when you can see infinitely far anyways. I can just disable LoS and the vision radius works fine with a torch. But if I want the token collision features that come with LoS then I have to deal with PCs being able to see past their light source's range even into unexplored areas as long as it's in a straight line. Manual masking is a huge pain so I wouldn't really call that a fix.
    As damned said, if you are using vision and lighting correctly this works exactly as desired by the OP.

If you are unable to get it to work correctly, then please start a new thread asking for help and provide the details of your campaign, map, characters, etc. Logs, and screenshots will be instrumental is helping you set this up correctly. Or you can reach out via Discord to either the official FG community or the FG College servers and ask for someone to help walk you through the setup. There are also various videos on YouTube that can give you direction, or the manual/wiki on the site here.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

(5gp on the issue being he has an Ambient light on the entire map of Daylight....)

Quote Originally Posted by GEONE View Post
    You can apply effects to the NPCs or PCs to limit their vision.

VISION: x

Where x is the range you want. Example. If you want to limit them to 300ft, you can put VISION: 300

Thread Information