Starfinder Playlist

View Poll Results: Choose your option (you may change this as often as you like)

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • AUTOMATION: I would love to see more automation

86 95.56%
  • SANDBOX: I prefer a sandbox (e.g. manual)

2 2.22%
  • AMBIGUITY: I don't care

2 2.22%
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    If it's possible, a one-click "Select/Deselect all Allies within X yards" and "Select/Deselect all Enemies within X yards". Manually selecting and deselecting a bunch of targets each round can slow down the combat.

And if you really want to make it flexible, how about combining that into the "Draw Shape" in the map? "Select/Deselect all Allies within shape" and "Select/Deselect all Enemies within shape"? FG already computes all squares contained, to colorize them.. detecting a token within the shape wouldn't be such a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Corwan View Post
    If it's possible, a one-click "Select/Deselect all Allies within X yards" and "Select/Deselect all Enemies within X yards". Manually selecting and deselecting a bunch of targets each round can slow down the combat.

And if you really want to make it flexible, how about combining that into the "Draw Shape" in the map? "Select/Deselect all Allies within shape" and "Select/Deselect all Enemies within shape"? FG already computes all squares contained, to colorize them.. detecting a token within the shape wouldn't be such a stretch.
    You realize that it already does that with the map tools, right?
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    You realize that it already does that with the map tools, right?
    You realize that a bit less condescension, a bit more useful info would make that an actually helpful response, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Corwan View Post
    You realize that a bit less condescension, a bit more useful info would make that an actually helpful response, right?
    That was not my intent. My intent was to merely inform that the functionality is already built into the map tools that GMs and Players can both use. Granted, it's not in a "within x yards" capability.
    Last edited by deer_buster; July 30th, 2020 at 15:10.
    aka Laendra

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Hey @deer_buster, so if @Corwan drew a circle on the map, how does he select all PCs/NPCs in the circle? I think I saw this done at one point, but I'm not sure the action/key combo to do this.

Click the targeting icon in the map tools and drag/select with it. Combat tracker will add those targets to the currently selected character in the combat tracker, or if you are a player doing it, to your combat tracker entry. If you are using AoE, it might even be better to select all enemies and deselect the ones outside of your AoE radius
    aka Laendra

I would like to see a priority on automation for things that apply 100% of the time to all characters. Here are a few examples:

Weapon Specialization- ALL PCs get this at third level. This seems like the perfect thing to automate - add the feat at 3rd level and add the bonus damage.

Trick Attack - every operative gets this, 100% of the time it’s needed. This could probably be automated to do much of it with one click “trick attack” that could attempt the skill vs enemy 20+CR, then on a hit apply the extra damage. Yes I know there are ways to set this up yourself (with multiple button/macros) but I’m having great difficulty getting it to work consistently with every update. One button might be a far off dream, but I will remain hopeful.

NPC full attack - still not sure why PCs can full attack but NPCs can’t. I would like to see the same automated option available. I do think this another one of those automations that would be used all the time.

I think level 1 and 2 features automations would be awesome as well.

But i miss the poison and disease track automation, at least all the effects pre-made. Now i have to search the book or the reference in FG and create my own effect and control the track anywhere else.

I would love to see automations on the modules - NPCs with ready tricks attacks, feats, etc working actions

I really love starfinder, i use all the available paizo mods and love it. So much beautiful content.

It already works great to me.

I've made a new thread for this since there is also stuff in there which wouldn't fit into the automation category, but here are my thoughts on the SFRPG ruleset

I would love to see a level dropdown on items.

Sometimes I just want to quickly find some level appropriate loot without digging into weapon and armor tables.

Thread Information