5E Character Create Playlist
Page 99 of 104 First ... 4989979899100101 ... Last
    Hello, I have encountered a bug with the 5e Character Wizard. It involves with the Eldritch Knight Subclass and the Artificer, from what I can tell anyways. The issue is this, as shown in the screenshot. It seems to be exclusive to only this combination. For any more details, the Artificer took the Artillerist subclass. This bug only happens when I try to level up the character to level 4. But only for the artificer as I tried leveling up the Eldritch Knight and it was fine.Bug.png

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    It could be a number of things; the modules you are using might have an impact for example. I was just using the PHB and MotM for the kobold race.
    So the actual modules that I purchased and then activated for the game could be the problem? And you don't see where that is an issue? I can understand if it's an add-on creating an issue because those aren't official, and all come with a buyer beware understanding. But official modules that are supported and purchased from Smite shouldn't and that's the problem as I see it. Plus it's not just that one, as I stated earlier there is all sorts of little got yas in the program, and if it's due to the modules that we have to buy half the time to get more use out of the program that's still a problem that IMHO needs to be addressed. Consider how many of these issues could actually cause new users to turn to easier to use alternatives. But I've said my piece here and am not about to beat a horse to death. This is becoming a waste of time for the both of us...

Thanks for the reports. I will have a look and see if these are working with the TEST updates. May take some time due to the holiday.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by Gezzer View Post
    So the actual modules that I purchased and then activated for the game could be the problem? And you don't see where that is an issue? I can understand if it's an add-on creating an issue because those aren't official, and all come with a buyer beware understanding. But official modules that are supported and purchased from Smite shouldn't and that's the problem as I see it. Plus it's not just that one, as I stated earlier there is all sorts of little got yas in the program, and if it's due to the modules that we have to buy half the time to get more use out of the program that's still a problem that IMHO needs to be addressed. Consider how many of these issues could actually cause new users to turn to easier to use alternatives. But I've said my piece here and am not about to beat a horse to death. This is becoming a waste of time for the both of us...
    I was having a wild guess as to why it's not working for you. I didn't say that a module you were using was definitely the issue. Nor did I say nothing would get done about it. It's possible that some book you are using might have slightly incorrect wording, a spelling error, a missing or incorrectly placed punctuation mark.It could be an extension. As noted several times if you see a bug then report it but we need steps to reproduce. I and several others cannot reproduce the issue so something that either you are doing or are using is the issue; and without a detailed bug report we're never going to know.

And as also stated if you are seeing other bugs then report them. Again I or the developers can't do anything about stuff we don't know about unless we come across it ourselves by accident.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    If it helps, there is a link in my signature to a thread on how to report bugs and issues. It goes through some general suggestions as well as has links to how to collect logs etc.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

After yesterday's update 7/12/2022 I tested out the CW. Confirmed my selections and press commit, I get [Error] Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard.lua"] 236: attempt to index field 'contents' (a nil value)

Quote Originally Posted by meadegendar View Post
    After yesterday's update 7/12/2022 I tested out the CW. Confirmed my selections and press commit, I get [Error] Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard.lua"] 236: attempt to index field 'contents' (a nil value)
    I was also getting this, multiple times.

Character wizard after commit would stay open.

Also to note that specialization does not appear in the Class and Level.

@meadegendar, @LaoclesJarkin,
    That script no longer contains the word "contents" at all in the Live version. Are you guys running any extensions on that campaign?

@meadegendar,
    Responded on Discord, copying here too.
    "The specializations will not show up in the PC class list for PCs made prior to the 2022-07 ruleset update. This is because there is no inherent information saved in the old version of the PC sheet data that tells us that any particular class feature is actually a class specialization. The ability to migrate PCs in FG is limited to a one-shot process (i.e. once triggered, data is updated even if failed lookup); and if the correct module is not open, the lookup would fail. It should not impact usage at all; since the Level Up must have the data loaded and can do a bunch of extra work to compare all feature names to possible specialization options currently loaded."

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @meadegendar, @LaoclesJarkin,
    That script no longer contains the word "contents" at all in the Live version. Are you guys running any extensions on that campaign?

@meadegendar,
    Responded on Discord, copying here too.
    "The specializations will not show up in the PC class list for PCs made prior to the 2022-07 ruleset update. This is because there is no inherent information saved in the old version of the PC sheet data that tells us that any particular class feature is actually a class specialization. The ability to migrate PCs in FG is limited to a one-shot process (i.e. once triggered, data is updated even if failed lookup); and if the correct module is not open, the lookup would fail. It should not impact usage at all; since the Level Up must have the data loaded and can do a bunch of extra work to compare all feature names to possible specialization options currently loaded."

Regards,
    JPG
    Advantages CW extension was not updated to match new FGU CW - it is now. Allows user to determine which module is used as reference for duplicate names (classes, spells, etc.) - via module priority. That was "content" error.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thread Information