DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 28 of 104 First ... 1826272829303878 ... Last
    Hi FG_Wraith,

Thanks for the explanation. I look forward to the improved parsing. In the meantime, we'll just work around it. It would be nice to be able to offer up a list of skill, weapon, or feat choices. When it is improved it would be nice to know how to trigger each kind of selection processing. It took me about 45 minutes of googling and trying different wordings out before I figured out I had to name the trait "training" to trigger the skill parsing.

Really appreciate all you do. Thanks!

I've created a custom race. It shows up as an option in the Character Wizard, along with subraces. It takes into account most of the racial traits as well. However, It doesn't take into account ability score increases. I've double checked my wording and I'm pretty sure it is correct. I even tested using the old way to make characters in FGC (PCs menu->Add Item, and then just manually dropping the race into the new character sheet). When I do it this old way, the race does properly consider ability score increases.

Does the character wizard not handle this correctly, or is there something I'm missing?

These are the relevant racial and subracial traits:
    Your Dexterity score increases by 1.
    Your Dexterity score increases by 1. Your Strength score increases by 1.

Quote Originally Posted by scannon View Post
    I've created a custom race. It shows up as an option in the Character Wizard, along with subraces. It takes into account most of the racial traits as well. However, It doesn't take into account ability score increases. I've double checked my wording and I'm pretty sure it is correct. I even tested using the old way to make characters in FGC (PCs menu->Add Item, and then just manually dropping the race into the new character sheet). When I do it this old way, the race does properly consider ability score increases.

Does the character wizard not handle this correctly, or is there something I'm missing?

These are the relevant racial and subracial traits:
    Your Dexterity score increases by 1.
    Your Dexterity score increases by 1. Your Strength score increases by 1.
    Try using this syntax; "Your Dexterity and Strength scores both increase by 1." without the quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by FG_Wraith View Post
    Try using this syntax; "Your Dexterity and Strength scores both increase by 1." without the quotes.
    I tried that syntax and have the same result. The classic method of creating the character through drag and drop captures the stat increase, but the character wizard does not.

I also noticed that the character wizard properly imports the racial traits under the "Traits" header, but it doesn't have the imports to proficiencies/tools. For example the trait: "You have proficiency in the Persuasion skill." does not trigger in the character wizard, but does trigger with the drag and drop. Finally the trait: "You have proficiency with the longbow and spear." does not work through either method. However, it is worth noting that even the old premade races (such as dwarf) doesn't work with the old method of drag and drop. Dwarves' "Dwarven Combat Training" only works with the character wizard.

So it just looks like none of these three options are being imported to the character wizard.

The things that *are* working and imported correctly are:
    Senses (Darkvision in this case)
    Languages
    Traits (listed as traits, but not parsing them for proficiencies)
    Last edited by scannon; February 5th, 2021 at 01:36.

Could you PM me the text of your custom race?

Custom Race Script Error

I was trying to make the Warforged and added Ability Score Modifier which was "Your Constitution score increases by 2, and one other ability score of your choice increases by 1."

However when I try to run it through the character wizard , I get this error:
    Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard_racewizard.lu..."]:570: attmpt to index field 'abilities' (a nil value)

Any help would be appreciated

Moderator: Moved to Character Wizard bug report.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; February 5th, 2021 at 21:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
    I was trying to make the Warforged and added Ability Score Modifier which was "Your Constitution score increases by 2, and one other ability score of your choice increases by 1."

However when I try to run it through the character wizard , I get this error:
    Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard_racewizard.lu..."]:570: attmpt to index field 'abilities' (a nil value)

Any help would be appreciated

Moderator: Moved to Character Wizard bug report.
    Thanks Roslyn, I'll take a look at it.

Hey guys, for those of you reporting on specializations not providing their benefits, I am currently working on getting that sorted. I'll let you know when I have a solution in place. Thanks for the reports on this.
    Hi sorry to bother again, but I still do not get the features from specialization. for example, the hexblade does not show an expanded spell list for the warlock. But my party seem to have everything in order. I updated to the last version already.
    I am using MAC could that be the problem? or is it that I am doing something wrong maybe. I have loaded everything just for players.

Could you PM me the text of your custom race?
    I PM'd you the custom race. I want to confirm that you got it.

I also created a custom background at the request of another player. It works in the character wizard if I add it first, but if I add it progressing in the default order Race->Stats->Class->Background, it creates a bug where the user gets an extra bonus proficiency. I made a recording with the bug demonstrated, along with the full background information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq0H...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by chlmz View Post
    Hi sorry to bother again, but I still do not get the features from specialization. for example, the hexblade does not show an expanded spell list for the warlock. But my party seem to have everything in order. I updated to the last version already.
    I am using MAC could that be the problem? or is it that I am doing something wrong maybe. I have loaded everything just for players.
    No, you're fine. I wasn't able to include all abilities last time around but will be adding the rest soon. Thanks for keeping up with this.

Quote Originally Posted by scannon View Post
    I PM'd you the custom race. I want to confirm that you got it.

I also created a custom background at the request of another player. It works in the character wizard if I add it first, but if I add it progressing in the default order Race->Stats->Class->Background, it creates a bug where the user gets an extra bonus proficiency. I made a recording with the bug demonstrated, along with the full background information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq0H...ature=youtu.be
    I did get your PM and I'll be taking a look at it this week. Thank you for the help!

Thread Information