DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 92 of 104 First ... 42829091929394102 ... Last
    Going through and making a wood elf ranger, neither the Elf Weapon Training nor Keen Senses traits are being added to the character via the character wizard. It does add these if I am making a character manually and drop Wood Elf onto the race.

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTBC View Post
    Going through and making a wood elf ranger, neither the Elf Weapon Training nor Keen Senses traits are being added to the character via the character wizard. It does add these if I am making a character manually and drop Wood Elf onto the race.
    I see it adds the proficiencies that each of those traits offer in their broken down form to the summay when selecting that combination. It does however skip adding it to the traits area. Is this what you are seeing?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    That is currently intended as there isn't currently a way to track spells you have chosen during creation or level up. What the wizard does is pull the spells from your actions tab and lists them for your reference during the selection process. At this time, till I can find a better solution, this will be the behavior.
    What was the reason for moving away from the spell group approach that had previously been used if I may ask?
    I have been getting my players to do it manually via groups to match the characters the older version of the character wizard had previously output, is there a downside to this that I am likely to run into?

I'm not sure what you mean by moving away from the spell group approach. I might not be understanding your process and need some elaboration. The current process should be when you select a spell using the wizard is selecting the spell group you wish to have the spell display under. This either adds to a group that is already with that name or creates a new one. The quote was in reference why the spells from the action tab were imported as 'innate' when leveling up. The quote describes the exact issue with pulling from the action tab as a whole currently. There is no current code to track selections from the wizard and when a manual spell add is part of that process. So it pulls all the spells in to help give a bit of background of what is there so need to keep switching to verify. I am still looking into a better solution for this portion and it's high on my list to solve.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Could you add a non-displayed tag when picked such that any manually added spells won't have it?

I have considered such a solution and I am currently testing ideas. I will provide an update to it's current behavior once I am confident that it will fix the issues reported and won't break character sheets as a whole.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

[Error] Character Wizard Error Creating Black Character Sheets

Experiencing an error in my game where when players use the character wizard they get this error

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard.lua"]:1074: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

and nothing is actually added to their character sheet. Any fix for this?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jowenconnorton View Post
    Experiencing an error in my game where when players use the character wizard they get this error

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard.lua"]:1074: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

MOD: moved to CW bug thread.
    Are you using any extensions?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by jowenconnorton View Post

I'm not sure how that could be replicated. Can you provide me the steps of what you did prior to the error? That error points to pulling the ability score from your summary window. So any more information would be a great help.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Crusher Feat from TCoE doesn't allow for the selection of which ability score to increase when chosen.

Thread Information