5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 70 of 104 First ... 2060686970717280 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    It sounds like fixes have now been deployed. Make sure you and your players update before trying again. See; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post631859

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Nice work turning a fix bundle around as quickly as you have...much appreciated...!!!
    Forward progress creating elf characters...I was able to create an elf cleric...however I bumped into issues with an elf wizard...
    Error message generated was...[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "charwizards/scripts/charwizard.lua"]:1556: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
    Screenshot of error message attached.Fantasy Grounds Client Screenshot 2021-12-21 - error message creating first level elf wizard v1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by omgamer00 View Post
    Nice work turning a fix bundle around as quickly as you have...much appreciated...!!!
    Forward progress creating elf characters...I was able to create an elf cleric...however I bumped into issues with an elf wizard...
    Error message generated was...[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "charwizards/scripts/charwizard.lua"]:1556: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
    Screenshot of error message attached.Fantasy Grounds Client Screenshot 2021-12-21 - error message creating first level elf wizard v1.jpg
    Found the issue, was a simple case issue. Thanks for the report, will be adding to the list
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Hi.

Trying to create a Half-Drow Warlock with the Cloistered Scholar background, I run into a few issues.
    FG is fully updated, no other extensions running, modules loaded: PHB, SCAG. Tasha's.

1) according to SCAG, the half elf gets +2 CHA, and two +1s to assign to taste, the option from Tasha's allows to move the +2 to another ability as well, which could be written as +2+1+1 assign to taste.The two options the Character Wizard offers me are either +2/+1 or +1/+1/+1 assign to taste. I you select +2+1, as soon as yoou choose the second bonus, the first one chosen gets the bonus removed again: say, I click on wisdom for a +2, and then go for strength for the plus one: as soon I click strength, the wisdom bonus reverts to +0, and if I go the other way around and first choose the plus one, it gets removed when I choose the +2 ability.
    2) if I continue the character generation nonetheless, when I select the Cloistered Scholar, I do not get offered the correct skills:
    "Skill: History, plus your choice of one from among Arcana, Nature, and Religion"
    It does add the History skill, but the selection window is empty, showing no buttons, showing no number of open choices, but shows the red minus indicating the complete list should have been dropped down. Additionally, in the foot line it tells me that I still have to select a skill proficiency...

charwiz.jpg

In the screenshot I created a char with standard array arranged 12-14-13-8-10-15, selected CHA +2, then DEX +1, and proceeded into Cloistered Scholar.
    Last edited by Roach; December 22nd, 2021 at 13:05.

Is there a list of things the wizard doesn't handle yet?

I'm talking about things like the spell slots additions from ability modifiers not being filled in.

A list would make it MUCH easier to fix up the character after using the wizard without also basically doing the character a second time fully manually to find the problem(s).

Spell slot additions from ability modifiers?

Spell slots are not dependent on abilities only the caster level.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Sorry, I guess I mean number of prepared spells.

For a first level wizard with Int 16 (3+), they should be allowed to prepare 4 spells, but it only shows two. That two comes from the spell slots which you can edit in prepare mode.

Where is the number of spells prepared show up then? How do the players keep to the limit?

Re-reading the rules a couple of times, I think I got it now. The spell slots are how many 'ammo' slots of each spell level that you can cast. You may only cast from your list of prepared spells. The maximum number of spells you can prepare comes from wizard level plus the ability modifier.

That prepare number can be entered at the bottom of the Spells power group. That value is 0 after the wizard finishes, so you currently have to manually set its value.

Appears there is nothing to prevent a player from preparing more spells than their limit.

FG doesn't limit you to any number of prepared spells. You can prepare as many as you want. Clearly it is up to the players (and DM) to make sure they aren't preparing more than they should. The number in the spell power group is not used to limit the number of spells that can be prepared but if the number in the box is positive it will only show prepared spells in Combat mode. If it is zero then all spells including non prepared spells are shown in combat mode.

In the case of Wizards the Character Wizard allows the wizard to select three cantrips and 6 1st level spells (at 1st level) which is the number that the wizard knows. For other casters it limits the cantrips as per the spellcasting trait and the number of 1st level spells to the amount that could be prepared. A Cleric for example knows all 1st level spells at level one but no-one wants all 1st level spells on their character sheet, so the wizard limits the number. You can still add more via drag and drop once the character is saved of course.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    Hi.

Trying to create a Half-Drow Warlock with the Cloistered Scholar background, I run into a few issues.
    FG is fully updated, no other extensions running, modules loaded: PHB, SCAG. Tasha's.

1) according to SCAG, the half elf gets +2 CHA, and two +1s to assign to taste, the option from Tasha's allows to move the +2 to another ability as well, which could be written as +2+1+1 assign to taste.The two options the Character Wizard offers me are either +2/+1 or +1/+1/+1 assign to taste. I you select +2+1, as soon as yoou choose the second bonus, the first one chosen gets the bonus removed again: say, I click on wisdom for a +2, and then go for strength for the plus one: as soon I click strength, the wisdom bonus reverts to +0, and if I go the other way around and first choose the plus one, it gets removed when I choose the +2 ability.
    2) if I continue the character generation nonetheless, when I select the Cloistered Scholar, I do not get offered the correct skills:
    "Skill: History, plus your choice of one from among Arcana, Nature, and Religion"
    It does add the History skill, but the selection window is empty, showing no buttons, showing no number of open choices, but shows the red minus indicating the complete list should have been dropped down. Additionally, in the foot line it tells me that I still have to select a skill proficiency...

charwiz.jpg

In the screenshot I created a char with standard array arranged 12-14-13-8-10-15, selected CHA +2, then DEX +1, and proceeded into Cloistered Scholar.
    I might have to go back to the drawing board. I thought the two options would cover every race, but Half-Elf seems to be the fringe case. Will have to think on what other races get a similar treatment when dealing with Tasha's options. The background skills issue has been found and resolved for the next update.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thread Information