5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 61 of 104 First ... 1151596061626371 ... Last
    I couldn't replicate this at first but I can if you select Race and then go straight to background. However if you pick Race > Class > Background then the correct skills populate. Whilst I'm sure that the skills should populate if you select background before selecting a class (and is therefore a bug) if you follow the order of Race > Class > Background then the skills will be correct.

Further testing it seems that selecting Race then Background only works for Elves or half-elves (or any other race that gets a skill proficiency). All others do not work. So it must be tied to the fact that backgrounds are looking for a proficiency list which already exists and then doesn't do anything if there isn't one. This might be tied to the way the Wizard prevents you from taking duplicate skills.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; September 28th, 2021 at 19:28.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I tested this a bit today and noticed it does the calculations of skills if you go and choose a class and then reselect the background. It adds in the the correct skills. It is certainly a bit round about and certainly something to investigate further.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

5E Character Wizard failing on Fairy (from Wild Beyond the Witchlight)

Summary:
    Using the 5E Character Wizard to create a Fairy race character.
    I receive the following error in the log:
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard_racewindow.lu..."]:927: attempt to concatenate local 'sFlySpeed' (a nil value)

Ruleset(s):
    5e & Core RPG (v2021-07-06)

New Campaign / FGC Migrated Campaign:
    New Campaign

Extensions/Themes:
    Nil

Modules Loaded:
    D&D The Wild Beyond the Witchlight
    D&D The Wild Beyond the Witchlight - Players

Operating System / Language Setting:
    Windows 10 Home 20H2 Build: 19042.1237
    English (United Kingdom)

Steps to Reproduce:
    - Open Character window
    - Click "Character Wizard"
    - Select Race/Fairy

Moderator: Moved to Wizard bug reports
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; September 30th, 2021 at 14:42.

This is a known issue - see posts above.

I suspect that the Wizard is looking for a number rather than the nebulous "equal to your walking speed". I've reworded the ability to include a speed of 30ft which seems to fix the issue.

EDIT: The fix has now been pushed to live; so update and let me know if that fixes the issue.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; September 30th, 2021 at 20:19.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    This is a known issue - see posts above.

I suspect that the Wizard is looking for a number rather than the nebulous "equal to your walking speed". I've reworded the ability to include a speed of 30ft which seems to fix the issue.

EDIT: The fix has now been pushed to live; so update and let me know if that fixes the issue.
    Seems to have fixed it! Thanks for the quick response! I have a player who will be right pleased tomorrow!

The Charlatan background does not include the skills: Deception & Sleight of Hand.Charlatan.JPG

Moderator: Moved to Wizard bugs thread.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; October 8th, 2021 at 08:02.

It does - provided you pick the class before background. See posts above. It has been recorded for fixing.

I seem to have an issue with the Character Wizard and only have the PHB loaded. After creating a high-elf wizard with the Sage background, the character shows has having no cash, where it is supposed to have 10 gp from the Sage background? (v4.1.10 2021-10-05)

Quote Originally Posted by Imagix View Post
    I seem to have an issue with the Character Wizard and only have the PHB loaded. After creating a high-elf wizard with the Sage background, the character shows has having no cash, where it is supposed to have 10 gp from the Sage background? (v4.1.10 2021-10-05)
    Thank you for the report. I will investigate the issue.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Hello i was told by Zacchaeus to post my bug here, the original conversation started in discord so i will move it onto here

I have a question regarding class starting items, so i have manually entered ALL of the races classes backgrounds etc for dnd 5e. but whenever I go into the character wizard creator and make my character and get to the inventory tab it brings up all of the starting equipment and I'm able to select what I want but it brings up an error. This effect happens to all of the player classes It also happens with the basic SRD ruleset classes as well. error code(https://gyazo.com/830ee1a14075770c9751fa071f8b486c)

also here is a video of the bug happening https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vx2rmbg3y...48-33.mkv?dl=0

Thread Information