STAR TREK 2d20
Page 59 of 104 First ... 949575859606169 ... Last
    No, the Fighting style and manoeuvres will be added to the abilities tab as any ability is. You then have to decide what fighting style your fighter wants and set that up and then if you also have manoeuvres you'll need to also pick those and set up those as well in the actions tab.

See video three here for how to set up fighting styles https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity

And see this for some information on how to set up a manoeuvre power group and effects https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ighter-Package
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

In Wild Beyond the Witchlight, I've noticed a couple issues. This is on Mac FGU, 5E ruleset.

The new harengon race should have a +2 and +1 or three +1 to ability scors, player selectable. There is a single +1 player-selectable option.

"When determining your character’s ability scores, increase one score by 2 and increase a different score by 1, or increase three different scores by 1. Follow this rule regardless of the method you use to determine the scores, such as rolling or point buy."

Also, there is no list of languages though it looks like there should be, only the list is unpopulated and expands to show... nothing selectable.

This race pane/tab is un- completable.

Regarding the new fairy race, it throws an exception fail to concatenate 'sFlySpeed'. It's unselectable effectively.

Sorry to bother twice in one day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    !

Hi, I'm building a custom class and have a couple of issues with the builder. Latest version of Unity live build. One problem is that no starting equipment shows up in the character builder. Not a huge deal, but here is the listing and the coding looks like it should try and parse it, but it doesn't:

The more important issue is the specializations. It's not saving the specialization to the character sheet which means it never counts it on level up. Here is the character wizard screen:

and here is the result on the character sheet:

When I create this manually it works. Here is the manual build:

and the corresponding character sheet:

Notice that the Karma feature doesn't get saved to the character sheet in the wizard. This means that you never get the Karma features when you level up the character that was created from the wizard, updating the manually created character works fine.

The spell list that shows up in the wizard is a level 0 feature and shouldn't really show up, but I like it being there.

Thanks for all your work on the character wizard. It makes not having to do things in a specific order so much easier.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BangsNaughtyBits View Post
    In Wild Beyond the Witchlight, I've noticed a couple issues. This is on Mac FGU, 5E ruleset.

The new harengon race should have a +2 and +1 or three +1 to ability scors, player selectable. There is a single +1 player-selectable option.

"When determining your character’s ability scores, increase one score by 2 and increase a different score by 1, or increase three different scores by 1. Follow this rule regardless of the method you use to determine the scores, such as rolling or point buy."

Also, there is no list of languages though it looks like there should be, only the list is unpopulated and expands to show... nothing selectable.

Regarding the new fairy race, it throws an exception fail to concatenate 'sFlySpeed'. It's unselectable effectively.

"House of Healing"
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Quote Originally Posted by BangsNaughtyBits View Post

The ability scores and languages aren't anything to do with the Character Wizard but rather the wording of the abilities. I've fixed the language for the ability scores so that you get a pop up for the 2 + 1; however the alternatively +1 to any three hasn't been implemented in the Character Wizard as yet - the ruleset was only just updated the other week to account for the any 1 from three aspect. The problem is likely to be that there isn't a mechanic for an alternative ability score increase. By that I mean there's nothing in the ruleset that will allow either a +2/+1 choice or a 3x+1 choice. Hollis was going to look to adding that into the Wizard but I don't know how far along he is or whether it will ever happen.

As regards the languages WotC changed the way that this was worded in Witchlight (and in the forthcoming Fizban). I've reworded the ability in Witchlight so that it will now give you the correct choices for languages. The fixes should be in next Tuesday's updates; I'd issue a hotfix but since Witchlight has only just been released I'm awaiting any further bug reports so that I can fix everything in one go rather than piecemeal.

The error for the flying I can't do anything about - that's something Hollis will need to look at.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by kmalsom View Post
    Hi, I'm building a custom class and have a couple of issues with the builder. Latest version of Unity live build. One problem is that no starting equipment shows up in the character builder. Not a huge deal, but here is the listing and the coding looks like it should try and parse it, but it doesn't:

The more important issue is the specializations. It's not saving the specialization to the character sheet which means it never counts it on level up. Here is the character wizard screen:

and here is the result on the character sheet:

When I create this manually it works. Here is the manual build:

and the corresponding character sheet:

Notice that the Karma feature doesn't get saved to the character sheet in the wizard. This means that you never get the Karma features when you level up the character that was created from the wizard, updating the manually created character works fine.

The spell list that shows up in the wizard is a level 0 feature and shouldn't really show up, but I like it being there.

Thanks for all your work on the character wizard. It makes not having to do things in a specific order so much easier.
    The Wizard doesn't cope with homebrewed stuff as yet so even if the wording is correct it probably won't get picked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    "House of Healing"
    Actually 5e bug reports would be more appropriate for the ability scores and languages bit. But since I caught it no need for any further reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The ability scores and languages aren't anything to do with the Character Wizard but rather the wording of the abilities. I've fixed the language for the ability scores so that you get a pop up for the 2 + 1; however the alternatively +1 to any three hasn't been implemented in the Character Wizard as yet - the ruleset was only just updated the other week to account for the any 1 from three aspect. The problem is likely to be that there isn't a mechanic for an alternative ability score increase. By that I mean there's nothing in the ruleset that will allow either a +2/+1 choice or a 3x+1 choice. Hollis was going to look to adding that into the Wizard but I don't know how far along he is or whether it will ever happen.
    I assume this also applies to Tasha's option of assigning your stats differently, correct? Just something that would have to be done post-creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The Wizard doesn't cope with homebrewed stuff as yet so even if the wording is correct it probably won't get picked up.
    Yeah, I was looking at the coding and I think it should work, but it's bugged. Parsing text is challenging. And I'm ok with that not working.

The specializations should work though, as it should be the same for official content. It's just not adding the specialization to the character sheet. If you level in the builder during creation it works and pulls everything in.

Quote Originally Posted by TungstenShark View Post
    I assume this also applies to Tasha's option of assigning your stats differently, correct? Just something that would have to be done post-creation.
    Yes. There's not really a way to have the Wizard (or anything else) over ride the ability scores given by a particular race.

Thread Information