DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 47 of 104 First ... 3745464748495797 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by AffableBrandish View Post
    I am having lots of script issues (it seems choices my PCs make in character creation don't translate onto their character sheets as well) in the character wizard for the Ultramodern 5e DLC. It's almost unusable. I could see this as being an issue with Ultramodern DLC but its frustrating nonetheless.
    Hi AffableBrandish,
    Currently the 5E Character Wizard is only intended for use with official Wizards of the Coast 5E Dungeons & Dragons. I am working on expanding its parsing to include third party products such as Ultramodern 5E REDUX and Midgard, but that is still in development. It should be available soon.
    Last edited by FG_Wraith; May 3rd, 2021 at 17:55.

Quote Originally Posted by krypticz View Post
    Is there a way when you level up, that when using the Wizard that it would highlight sections like Spells & Feats to let you know that you have something to select? Right now when I level up a character from 7 to 8, i adjust the level, click the NEXT button. It moved to Inventory & that's it. Spells & Feats are not highlighted pointing out that I get to add another spell, or that i have the option to take a feat or ability score improvement.

It would also be nice if there was a way to see descriptions of options, like FEATS, so you know what your selecting without having to open a separate tab to look them up.
    Thanks for the suggestions. The Character Wizard should alert you to available Ability Score Improvements/Feats, but Spells were optional when it was created. (You could make a bare bones character quickly and then populate the spell choices later if the player did not want to make it all at once. That option needed to still be available) I will see about adding alerts to spells and to have feats have a link to their description.
    Last edited by FG_Wraith; May 3rd, 2021 at 16:40.

Creating a class for 5E and all seems to be working correctly until it comes time for the character wizard to let you choose starting gear and then I get the following error. [string"charwizard/scripts/charwizard_kitlist.lua"]:1002:bad argument#1.
    How do I set starting equipment?? I am sure that I am just missing something. Thanks in advance for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathtp63 View Post
    Creating a class for 5E and all seems to be working correctly until it comes time for the character wizard to let you choose starting gear and then I get the following error. [string"charwizard/scripts/charwizard_kitlist.lua"]:1002:bad argument#1.
    How do I set starting equipment?? I am sure that I am just missing something. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Hi Nyarlathtp63,
    What modules do you have loaded, and if you could, please detail what steps you took right before the error. (leading up to the equipment selection) Thanks!

Just the basic modules are loaded. I am manually entering in the players handbook that I have a physical copy of so I am trying to create a barbarian using my entered data not the basic or srd (which are loaded for references) Click on char wizard, select race, stats, abilities click on next for equipment and get error. My class entry looks just like the basic and the srd except for added paths and alot more flavor text.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathtp63 View Post
    Just the basic modules are loaded. I am manually entering in the players handbook that I have a physical copy of so I am trying to create a barbarian using my entered data not the basic or srd (which are loaded for references) Click on char wizard, select race, stats, abilities click on next for equipment and get error. My class entry looks just like the basic and the srd except for added paths and alot more flavor text.
    Ah, ok.
    The Character Wizard is specifically for 5E Dungeons and Dragons and assumes you have the Player's Handbook module. I have been making some changes recently to expand that, but currently it is officially limited to 5E D&D and the user must have the PHB loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by FG_Wraith View Post
    Ah, ok.
    The Character Wizard is specifically for 5E Dungeons and Dragons and assumes you have the Player's Handbook module. I have been making some changes recently to expand that, but currently it is officially limited to 5E D&D and the user must have the PHB loaded.
    Ahhhh... ok.... thank you for your help I will stop stressing out about how I cant seem to get it to work correctly now!! hehehe I will just have to enter in the inventory manually instead. Thanks again for your help!!

Bug Report: Character Creation Wizard

I found that while I was creating a wizard, when I was selecting my cantrips, that the 'count' became incorrect.
    The wizard was 3/3 on cantrips when I added a 4th the count became -1/3, and then 'delete' one the count became 2/3.

Moderator: Moved to Wizard bugs reports
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; May 9th, 2021 at 13:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Melrik View Post
    I found that while I was creating a wizard, when I was selecting my cantrips, that the 'count' became incorrect.
    The wizard was 3/3 on cantrips when I added a 4th the count became -1/3, and then 'delete' one the count became 2/3.

Moderator: Moved to Wizard bugs reports
    Yes, the count will not prevent you from over selecting spells. If you GM gives you a bonus spell or something similar, I did not want to prevent you from selecting it. However, you're right that when you delete a spell it does not recalculate your chosen spell count correctly, and that is bug fix I am working on this week to put in the next patch. Thanks for the heads up!

Hello, I have noticed an issue with the Wizard, i don't know if it is for all spells or just classes that need to "Prepare"

When I create a Wizard without the "charterer Wizard" so manual entry, there is no issue, the spells don't show up in the Mode: Combat, Display Actions" unless I prepare them (a little circle next to the spell in the Preparation mode.

However if I do use the "Character Wizard" it doesn't show up at all like that, On the Character Wizard when i click Preparation and display Action, it has a 0 the Daily, i know that probably means number and then per day, rest or once.

but Wizards should need to prepare the spells at the end of a long rest, that is my understanding, the wizard in my campaign knows 12 spells but can only prepare 8 of them. right now, they have access to all their spells in the combat mode.

Thank you,

Thread Information