5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 38 of 104 First ... 2836373839404888 ... Last

Spells go into "Spells (Wizard)" instead of by-level category so can't "Prepare" them

I created a Wizard-class character with the FGU "character wizard" -- when the character is saved, it puts the spells I chose into "Spells (Wizard)" category in the Actions tab, and when I put that tab in Preparation mode, there aren't any small circles to check off to show which is prepared for each level. Thus when I change it to Combat mode I will get all the spells from the spell book showing up.

Contrast this with the behavior dragging and dropping from Spells dialog box onto the Action tab that populates them into categories of "Spells (Cantrips)," "Spells (Level 1)," "Spells (Level 2)," etc.
    For those, when you put the Actions tab in Preparation mode, it will correctly give you the small circles you can check off to indicated what is Prepared. [For Level 1, Level 2, etc., understand it doesn't do it for Cantrips as they are always prepared]

Quote Originally Posted by mshall View Post
    I created a Wizard-class character with the FGU "character wizard" -- when the character is saved, it puts the spells I chose into "Spells (Wizard)" category in the Actions tab, and when I put that tab in Preparation mode, there aren't any small circles to check off to show which is prepared for each level. Thus when I change it to Combat mode I will get all the spells from the spell book showing up.

Contrast this with the behavior dragging and dropping from Spells dialog box onto the Action tab that populates them into categories of "Spells (Cantrips)," "Spells (Level 1)," "Spells (Level 2)," etc.
    For those, when you put the Actions tab in Preparation mode, it will correctly give you the small circles you can check off to indicated what is Prepared. [For Level 1, Level 2, etc., understand it doesn't do it for Cantrips as they are always prepared]
    That's right, The current system does not set the groups. It basically dumps all the player's spells into a single group and let's the player arrange them. Good news though, The next patch should bring a big change to spell saving and power groups for the Character Wizard. I recently added importing spells from the PC during level up and as I did that I noticed I had a chance to fix and enhance the power groups as the Character Wizard saves spells with either a new char or a level up. So look for that in the next patch and further updates to powers in the next.

Quote Originally Posted by FG_Wraith View Post
    That's right, The current system does not set the groups. It basically dumps all the player's spells into a single group and let's the player arrange them. Good news though, The next patch should bring a big change to spell saving and power groups for the Character Wizard. I recently added importing spells from the PC during level up and as I did that I noticed I had a chance to fix and enhance the power groups as the Character Wizard saves spells with either a new char or a level up. So look for that in the next patch and further updates to powers in the next.
    Will that fix the "powers" being "spells" issue and abilities not appearing in the character sheet I noted earlier? If so, fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbalotski View Post
    Will that fix the "powers" being "spells" issue and abilities not appearing in the character sheet I noted earlier? If so, fantastic!
    I don't know. I hope so. I've been trying to replicate the issue. But no matter what I try, saving spells in the Character Wizard never makes unlabeled base powers.

Character creation wizard for 5E bug?

Moderator: Moved to Wizard bugs thread,

I don't post or read forums much so I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong place!
    idk if its a bug or if I'm using it wrong but, when I'm setting up a short test campaign and creating characters trying to learn the systems. i noticed when I'm done creating a character after I've selected all the starting equipment, when i save it and go into the character sheet none of the equipment is there? spells and such seem to transfer but no inventory items do, making me input everything manually after creating the character, is this normal?

TL;DR Character equipment/inventory not added to new character sheets upon creation despite selecting it during character setup
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; April 4th, 2021 at 09:09.

Here's a formatting bug. See attachment.

I was trying to create a tabaxi rogue.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by oxdarkestsoulxo View Post
    Moderator: Moved to Wizard bugs thread,

I don't post or read forums much so I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong place!
    idk if its a bug or if I'm using it wrong but, when I'm setting up a short test campaign and creating characters trying to learn the systems. i noticed when I'm done creating a character after I've selected all the starting equipment, when i save it and go into the character sheet none of the equipment is there? spells and such seem to transfer but no inventory items do, making me input everything manually after creating the character, is this normal?

TL;DR Character equipment/inventory not added to new character sheets upon creation despite selecting it during character setup

Currently, if you change from starting equipment to the purchase window it clears your choices and starts over. This will be changed to allow you to do both in the next update. Thank you for providing this bug report.

Quote Originally Posted by astromath View Post
    Here's a formatting bug. See attachment.

I was trying to create a tabaxi rogue.
    Thanks, I'll get the spacing fixed.

I think I've found a bug in the character creation wizard for 5e.
    I'm Using FGU, and it's up do date.

The skills proficiency from the Backgrounds are not being added in the character sheet after creation. Everythink else seems ok.
    It appear at the side table from the Background tab, but doesn't mark a Star in the character sheet.

It happened in two characters: A outlander warrior and a Guild Merchant Cleric.

I haven't had time to test it further, but i always select background before class, so the player don't pick the same skills that the BG already gives them.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrique Oliveira Machado View Post
    I think I've found a bug in the character creation wizard for 5e.
    I'm Using FGU, and it's up do date.

The skills proficiency from the Backgrounds are not being added in the character sheet after creation. Everythink else seems ok.
    It appear at the side table from the Background tab, but doesn't mark a Star in the character sheet.

It happened in two characters: A outlander warrior and a Guild Merchant Cleric.

I haven't had time to test it further, but i always select background before class, so the player don't pick the same skills that the BG already gives them.
    Thank you, I'll take a look at those backgrounds.

Thread Information