5E Character Create Playlist
Page 26 of 104 First ... 1624252627283676 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by TheeDnDBois View Post
    Character Wizard not showing custom race bonuses

I was creating a custom race for the Aarakocra and when I go into the creator the bonuses don't show.
    I'm not sure if there is a set way to do this or this is an actual bug.
    Thank you!

Attachment 42515Attachment 42516Attachment 42517
    This also happens when I try and use the wizard with the custom races from the Odyssey of the Dragonlords product. I've had to not use the wizard for that game, which sucks... because the wizard is really nice!

Moderator: Moved to Character Wizard reports

Hi, I have two issues I am running into with my 5e campaign, both when creating characters and when leveling up:

1. When I click on the "Next" button to move to the next tab/section/etc it is getting stuck in a loop that does not include all the tabs/sections. For instance, when I level up, it goes from Class to Inventory to Class to Inventory...I never get to Spells or Feats when I am supposed to (depending on the character and level of course).
    2. When I create an Arcane Trickster I can pick my spells at 3rd level (ignoring #1 above, I click on the tab to get to the Spells), but when I get to level 4 my spells disappear and never come back, no matter how much I level up. This actually creates an error when I click on Cantrips or Lvl1 to try and see spells (see screenshot)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; January 14th, 2021 at 10:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Auzlin View Post
    Moderator: Moved to Character Wizard reports

Hi, I have two issues I am running into with my 5e campaign, both when creating characters and when leveling up:

1. When I click on the "Next" button to move to the next tab/section/etc it is getting stuck in a loop that does not include all the tabs/sections. For instance, when I level up, it goes from Class to Inventory to Class to Inventory...I never get to Spells or Feats when I am supposed to (depending on the character and level of course).
    2. When I create an Arcane Trickster I can pick my spells at 3rd level (ignoring #1 above, I click on the tab to get to the Spells), but when I get to level 4 my spells disappear and never come back, no matter how much I level up. This actually creates an error when I click on Cantrips or Lvl1 to try and see spells (see screenshot)
    The next/back buttons never stopped on the conditional buttons for spells and feats, and process was to click on them when applicable, but I will take a look at making a conditional break in the tab order for next and back to stop on those if the character has those choices.

The arcane trickster spell bug is new. I will take a look at it immediately. Thanks for the error report!

Thank you FG_Wraith! I'll wait to see what happens with the Arcane Trickster. If you need anything else from me on that just let me know.

In regards to the Next button, my newbie players are struggling with the current design, which is why I brought it up. They keep assuming that since the Next button doesn't take them to the other tabs then there is nothing for them to do there. They hit save, think they are done, then we have to go back and manually make the changes. I do see that the tabs are raised to indicate that changes can be made, so that is useful, but I thought I would pass this along. I figure anything to make it more intuitive for the players cannot hurt :-) Thanks for the quick reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Auzlin View Post
    Thank you FG_Wraith! I'll wait to see what happens with the Arcane Trickster. If you need anything else from me on that just let me know.

In regards to the Next button, my newbie players are struggling with the current design, which is why I brought it up. They keep assuming that since the Next button doesn't take them to the other tabs then there is nothing for them to do there. They hit save, think they are done, then we have to go back and manually make the changes. I do see that the tabs are raised to indicate that changes can be made, so that is useful, but I thought I would pass this along. I figure anything to make it more intuitive for the players cannot hurt :-) Thanks for the quick reply!
    You're very welcome. I am always interested in feedback. As far as the next/back buttons, your players are quite right, it should have functioned as expected. My not having it go to spells and feats was from an earlier version where those buttons were not as functional as they are now. I'll make sure to bring those up to full usefulness.

Quote Originally Posted by FG_Wraith View Post
    Hey guys, for those of you reporting on specializations not providing their benefits, I am currently working on getting that sorted. I'll let you know when I have a solution in place. Thanks for the reports on this.
    Hi was there any advance with this issue? I am trying to create my character for a new campaign and it would be nice to have this solve out since I need some of the things missing. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by chlmz View Post
    Hi was there any advance with this issue? I am trying to create my character for a new campaign and it would be nice to have this solve out since I need some of the things missing. thanks!
    Yes, I am currently testing a possible solution. So far, it seems to work for the no specialization features bug you guys reported and another issue I uncovered while testing for the former.

Quote Originally Posted by FG_Wraith View Post
    Yes, I am currently testing a possible solution. So far, it seems to work for the no specialization features bug you guys reported and another issue I uncovered while testing for the former.
    Thanks!! that sounds great!

Hi, not sure if you accept suggestions there but will be nice to see an option for quick gear sets with items from background and class for choose, and also an option for gold rolling that shows you how much gold to spend you actually have. It should make character generation faster and also helps newbies (though Character Wizard made for them at the first place). Also choosing of specific fighting style and automatized adding of its effects to character sheet is nice idea tho.

I have noticed several times during PC creation that certain selections are not available when I have the DM module loaded, but if I load the player module then they appear. For instance, the background Far Traveler doesn't show up when I have the DM module loaded, but it will if I load the player module. The same goes for spells for the Artificer and Tasha's modules. Those are just two examples. I don't think it is an issue with the PC wizard, but I didn't know where to put this and other people creating characters might notice it and think it is a bug.

Thread Information