5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 104 First 12341252102 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by mullen1200 View Post
    I have to save my character to a file immediately following pressing "Save" in the wizard. Otherwise it disappears on me after I open the characters window a for a 2nd time.
    The character wizard will not save data currently. If you close it before saving the character to a character sheet it will consider it that you don't want to save the character. I am currently working on loading a previously made character to level it up, and will be adding the ability to 'hold' the data of an unfinished build, but that will be in a future update.

I noticed that the CharWiz has no flexibility when it comes to two aspects having the same skill. Specifically, a half-orc with soldier background. Both have intimidation. It won't let me select a different skill to prevent the overlap and will not let me save the PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Rbbrbootz View Post
    I noticed that the CharWiz has no flexibility when it comes to two aspects having the same skill. Specifically, a half-orc with soldier background. Both have intimidation. It won't let me select a different skill to prevent the overlap and will not let me save the PC.
    That's on the list to fix. When not given a choice, the RAW is to allow the player to select a skill. So that's what we need to do, but I need to make a new window for that. It'll be included in the Class page improvement update. Thanks for the report.

Thank you
    I know enough to know that I don't know it all!

Quote Originally Posted by FG_Wraith View Post
    That's on the list to fix. When not given a choice, the RAW is to allow the player to select a skill. So that's what we need to do, but I need to make a new window for that. It'll be included in the Class page improvement update. Thanks for the report.
    @FG_Wraith

Where do I find those lists (for CharWiz and FGU) as I am not duplicating any known issues? I have found a couple more that are not related to CharWiz, but relating to class features.
    I know enough to know that I don't know it all!

Bear with me as this is my first time ever using the character creator, but I can't seem to save my character, upon viewing the character creator wizard in YT that was released just a few days ago... there's a "Save" button in that video that I do not see in my character creator wizard, am I missing something?
    FYI, I actually had the extension since it was first released (again, never used it though), but I deleted it knowing this was now part of FGU, so it isn't even available, much less selected as an extension.

char wiz.png
    Last edited by Gothstaff; July 31st, 2020 at 21:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothstaff View Post
    Bear with me as this is my first time ever using the character creator, but I can't seem to save my character, upon viewing the character creator wizard in YT that was released just a few days ago... there's a "Save" button in that video that I do not see in my character creator wizard, am I missing something?
    FYI, I actually had the extension since it was first released (again, never used it though), but I deleted it knowing this was now part of FGU, so it isn't even available, much less selected as an extension.

char wiz.png
    As you can see down the bottom left there is an error 'Duplicate skills' You need to fix that before it will allow you to save.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Blog Entries
    @FG_Wraith

Where do I find those lists (for CharWiz and FGU) as I am not duplicating any known issues? I have found a couple more that are not related to CharWiz, but relating to class features.
    The complete lists are internal to SmiteWorks and not visible to us. This thread serves as the public list for the Character Wizard, and this post serves as the public list for FGU; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...st-Known-Items

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    As you can see down the bottom left there is an error 'Duplicate skills' You need to fix that before it will allow you to save.
    aaah, I stand corrected, thank you for the prompt reply Zacchaeus

@FG_Wraith

During the beta it was updated on the first page of the thread, but I ended up keeping them in notes for myself since so much was from my own testing. If you find an error in the Character Wizard go ahead a post it here. Duplicates give me a better idea of priority so I know what is affecting the most people.

Thread Information