DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 104 1231151101 ... Last

5E Character Wizard Bug Reports

Since the Character Wizard has moved from beta to release version, we're moving all future suggestions and bug reports to this thread.

Please report all bugs relating to the Character Wizard to this thread. This includes only the Character Wizard, but all aspect of the Character Wizard; including UI layout, data inaccuracies, and problems with the final character sheet. Not to mention any suggestions you might have for the improvement of the Wizard.

Please provide as much detail as possible for what you did prior to the bug, and include any log information pertaining to the bug.

UPDATE (TEST BRANCH) 07/29/2020 - IN TEST BRANCH NOW

CLERIC/DRUID SPELLS
    Just a heads up since this has come up before. The number in the spells available box for Druids and Clerics isn't the total number of spells they get. It's the calculated number they can prepare. There wasn't much point in putting a real spells available there for them because it would just be 'all', and we don't want to dump every Cleric/Druid spell in every module that might be open during character generation. This way it gives the player a leg-up on having their prepared spells ready for a game start and if they want to add more then they can. (The Character Wizard doesn't prevent you from going over the spells available number)

SPELL PAGE
    Fixed Casting Attribute Bonus not being added to Cleric/Druid/Paladin/Artificer spell selection totals (Forum post)
    Fixed Artificer spell slot calculation and spell selection amounts
    Fixed selected spells not clearing when the class that gave those spells was changed.
    Fixed spell slots not appearing on final character sheet.
    Fixed multiclass spell slot calculations not always appearing at top of spell page.
    Fixed spell slot calculations not changing to or from Warlock when making a multiclass Warlock.
    Fixed spell selection for multiclass spellcasters not limiting to maximum spell level for that class's level.
    Fixed Spell Page initialization to not start on Cantrips for classes that do not have Cantrips.
    Fixed 2nd level Paladin and Ranger not getting spell choices.
    Fixed Spell List items and Selected Spell items containing editable text.
    Fixed Spells not appearing under their class's spell heading after committing to character sheet.
    Fixed Cantrips and Spells Available miscalculating when deleting a selected spell or when returning to spell page.
    CLASS PAGE
    Fixed SKILL SELECTION Window appearing more than once after changing multiclass choice.
    RACE PAGE
    Fixed Racial Traits on the final character sheet pointing at the race reference instead of the racial trait reference.
    INVENTORY PAGE
    Added Tools, Kits, Gaming Sets, and Musical Instruments to the list of items that can be bought.
    Fixed a bug where anything over 1,000 gp was being sold for the number in front of the comma. (truncation error)
    Last edited by FG_Wraith; July 29th, 2020 at 18:05.

[BUGS] A few issues with the new Character Creation Wizard & Missing Window Elements

Moderator: Post moved here for greater visibility

Hi @smiteworks,

First off, I'd like to thank you for the excellent work on getting the character creation wizard into FGU, and working as well as it did, but I've found a few issues in relation to creating a cleric based character. As you may (or may not) know, I've been putting together several tutorials on how to create various characters of different classes, and I recorded another one for a Dwarvish Cleric of the Life Domain, but this time I used the character wizard. Some of these issues happen while I was running through the CCW, some others seem to be a side effect of using the new CCW, while the remainder are related to window ui issues.

You can find the full video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdNZh1Eqc5M

Within the video, you will find a few things that I noted that all appear to be related to the character wizard -> character sheet conversion (at least it looks that way). The video is almost un-edited, in that I've only stopped/started the recording to ensure a consistent run through the entire process. During the editing process, and final review I made note of the time-stamp of where I think several of the more critical issues I ran into happened, they are as follows:

Time Format = hh:mm:ss
    - ~00:20:15 - The wording of "Selected Spells and Cantrips Available" are smashed together, I use a ui scale of 100%"
    - ~00:20:15 - When the character was being created, the spell casting ability bonus was not added to the Spells Available total, it remained at 1/1, when it should have been x/5 (level 1 + wisdom bonus of +4). I realize this at approx 01:03:00 in the video.
    - ~00:44:21 - You will see the actions tab is missing the first level spell slots, as if nothing got set when the conversion happened from the character creator wizard to the character sheet.
    - ~00:44:54 - You will see I open the bonus proficiency (Life) feature, and I realize the heavy armor proficiency did not get added to the characters list of proficiencies.
    - ~00:45:40 - I start to open the dwarven racial traits, and you might notice they don't link to the trait, but to the race information page, despite the description being "Dwarven Resilience, trait", or "Dwarven Toughness, trait", "Stonecunning, trait", etc.
    - ~00:55:13 - I open the heal effect of the Cure Wounds Spell, and the new window does not display the element that shows what the heal actually does. This issue reoccurs at various times along the leveling process, but was not isolated to just the effects windows.
    - ~01:22:30 - I realize the Wisdom and Charisma save proficiencies that should be set, are not.
    - ~01:29:05 - I realize the next Life Domain proficiency is not linked to the character sheet, when Blessed healer does not appear in the list, but is supposed to be the next divine domain feature that is acquired at level 6. This is contrary to the fact that Disciple of life DID get linked properly to the character, and I realize the life domain might not be linked properly in some way. The same thing happened with Divine Strike (Life) and Supreme healing later on in the video, where the skills were NOT added.

There might be other issues that cropped up during the run through of that character, but these were the ones I noticed while I was editing. Feel free to make snippets of those video segments for your internal bug reporting needs, if you decide they are issues. Also feel free to point me to a trash bin, if you feel they are not issues :>
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; July 28th, 2020 at 22:28.

Quote Originally Posted by stoehovve View Post
    There might be other issues that cropped up during the run through of that character, but these were the ones I noticed while I was editing. Feel free to make snippets of those video segments for your internal bug reporting needs, if you decide they are issues. Also feel free to point me to a trash bin, if you feel they are not issues :>
    Thank you! Many of the items in your list are included in the above fixes but some are not and I appreciate the notification. I'll be trying to include as many as I can in the next test branch update along with the fixes listed above. I'll also take a look at the video to see if anything happened that shouldn't have. Again, thanks for the detailed bug report!
    Last edited by FG_Wraith; July 28th, 2020 at 23:54.

@FG_Wraith, I saw that once the content of my message got transferred to this thread, which is nice to know. I do have another issue to report, and have another video clip that I have not uploaded to my YT channel. As this is a clip I don't intend to release publicly, I've sent the link as a PM to you.

This issue starts at ~00:01:30 where the dwarvish subrace simply no longer appears. I was never able to get it so I could recreate it, but I'm hoping the clip will provide you clues as to what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by stoehovve View Post
    @FG_Wraith, I saw that once the content of my message got transferred to this thread, which is nice to know. I do have another issue to report, and have another video clip that I have not uploaded to my YT channel. As this is a clip I don't intend to release publicly, I've sent the link as a PM to you.

This issue starts at ~00:01:30 where the dwarvish subrace simply no longer appears. I was never able to get it so I could recreate it, but I'm hoping the clip will provide you clues as to what happened.
    I got the link and watched the clip. I can't recreate it either, but I know the exact loop that would have been iterating when you selected the Elf race. I'll start there, Thank you.

Character Wizard bug

When creating a race, and using the ASI "Your choice of either your Charisma or your Wisdom increases by 2. Your Strength score is reduced by 1." This throws up an "[7/30/2020 11:05:30 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard_racewindow.lu..."]:514: attempt to index field 'abilities' (a nil value)" error.

Using old school drag and drop, it works.

unknown.png

MOD: moved to Character Wizard Bug Report Thread
    Last edited by LordEntrails; July 30th, 2020 at 17:25.

I have to save my character to a file immediately following pressing "Save" in the wizard. Otherwise it disappears on me after I open the characters window a for a 2nd time.

Quote Originally Posted by cboillot View Post
    When creating a race, and using the ASI "Your choice of either your Charisma or your Wisdom increases by 2. Your Strength score is reduced by 1." This throws up an "[7/30/2020 11:05:30 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard_racewindow.lu..."]:514: attempt to index field 'abilities' (a nil value)" error.

Using old school drag and drop, it works.

unknown.png

MOD: moved to Character Wizard Bug Report Thread
    Thanks for the report, I'll make sure that gets fixed immediately.

Thread Information