5E Character Create Playlist
Page 82 of 104 First ... 3272808182838492 ... Last
    Not sure where to put typos but here seemed like an idea. In fantasy grounds 5e under the light domain for clerics it states that improved warding flare is only 10 feet but the PH I own says 30 feet

Issues with the data would be best in the 5E Bug report thread as that's an issue with the module data and not the wizard. Thank you for the report. I'll direct the dev to here to check it out.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Character Wizard - inventory for Ranger doesn't give an option for "two short swords"...

Moderator: Moved to character wizard bugs
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; January 27th, 2022 at 09:07.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadOnArival View Post
    Not sure where to put typos but here seemed like an idea. In fantasy grounds 5e under the light domain for clerics it states that improved warding flare is only 10 feet but the PH I own says 30 feet
    It's 30 ft in my copy of the PHB.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Disclaimer, I only have red the last couple of pages of the thread...

I built a Variant-human and the wizard gives me 2 racial modifiers options
    -Default: Use default racial modifiers or use TCE option for one ability score of your choice increase by 2 and one other ability score increase by 1
    -Option 2: Increase three ability score by 1

First of I can't find that in TCE, It says at page 8 Ability score increase: One ability score of your choice increases by 2. I might have missed something there. But when I select the default option, the wizard only gives me 2 +1 increases. The option 2 gives 3. It does have similar issues with custom lineage ASIs.

Another thing, The longbow is "included" and added to the default Ranger's inventory but not it's 20 arrows quiver. No big deal but it's worth telling you

Hi,

I may have got hold of the wrong end of the stick, but I seem to remember that the Character Wizard should amalgamate all the classes and subclasses from any open source book, and offer all the options even if you didn't select your first level from a particular book? It's just I don't seem to be able to choose domains, traditions or sub-classes from the Midgard World Book or Deep Magic, unless I use those books to create the PC at first level, and then only through drag-and-drop, not the CW for that 1st level. Would it be possible to make the options in those books available as well, regardless of what book was used to start building the character, as I hate having to have my players decide several levels ahead in what direction they want their pc to go in?

I may have missed something obvious but I don't think so, and at the moment it looks like my only option is to rebuild the pc from 1st level using either Deep Magic or the Midgard World Book if they contain the options the player want's to level up with going forward.

The Midgard Heroes Handbook works as expected though, and all the options are available.

As I said, I may have misunderstood how the CW is expected to work, or I may have done some thing daft, it wouldn't be the first time!

Cheers,

Simon

I don't think this is a problem with the character wizard. Both modules you mention are third party modules and the character wizard really only works at the moment with official 5e content from WotC. I'd suggest that if your players want to use third party material that you don't use the Wizard.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yeah, that would've been my conclusion too except for the fact it incorporates the Midgard Heroes Handbook as expected, and the other books do function fine in the CW, but only from level 2 on, and only if the build was started, via drag and drop, from that same book. So I was hoping that incorporating them the same as the Midgard Heroes Handbook is already incorporated, may just be a small tweak from the devs? If not, and this is just an insurmountable issue with most 3rd party books, then so be it, and it does look like I can use the CW from level 2 onwards as it is, so that's something at least.

Thanks for your help and insight, it's appreciated as always

Cheers,

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    I beg to differ.
    a. You may choose Hexblood, Dhampir or Reborn as if they were equivalent to a race. For example "VRGtR p18 If you don't keep any of those elements or you choose this lineage at character creation, you gain proficiency in two skills of your choice."
    b. All three are included as races in Fantasy Ground Unity via Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft. That was how we were using them.
    I know this is an old post, but how do you add dhampir in the character wizard? I have loaded Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft and dhampir appears in the Races subsection of the Character tab on the right, but when trying to build a character using the wizard in the Charaters subsection of the Player tab, it does not appear as a race option.

Welcome to FGU.

I agreed with Superteddy here in that the races in von Richten are not really races as such. Sure you can selected them as a race but they don't have everything that a race has - primarily the ability score increase. So they're not in the Wizard because it's really complicated to cover all the possibilities. You could select a Dwarf for example and then overlay the Dhampir over that taking away stuff and adding other stuff. So if you want to use the van Richten stuff I'd suggest that you do so manually via drag and drop and then edit what you need to edit to get the correct result.

Thread Information