5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 45 of 104 First ... 3543444546475595 ... Last
    I think your choice of equipment will depend on what modules you have open. A Paladin can choose any martial weapon so if you have a bunch of modules open and they include magical martial weapons then you'll see those on the list. Remember the character Wizard is for players and they won't have access to things like the DMG or adventure modules that would contain magical items.

I tested on a few different characters and they all showed any weapons of the type they were allowed that are available from any module that you have open as a DM. So I suspect in your case you had a at least one adventure module open that contained magical warhammers and other magic weapons.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by sterlinghershey View Post
    We are having the same issue, except that most players successfully leveled up using the character wizard, while the barbarian character got the same errors as in the previous posts and essentially won't save. They all updated FG before the game today.
    At least I'm not the only one!

Quote Originally Posted by FG_Wraith View Post
    Thank you. The powers were meant to work the same way as the drag and drop but there was a bug. It's getting fixed and will be in the next Character Wizard update.
    Will this mean the powers will be added to a "Spells" Group Type in stead of an "Abilities" Group type? That would be nice. Was here to ask the exact same question. Thanks for the update.
    Fantasy Grounds Converter for Grim Press
    My projects:

Quote Originally Posted by Miastra View Post
    Hello again,

During character creation if you create a paladin you get options to choose Battleaxe, +1 / +2 / & +3. Thought you guys should know.

Take care.

Attachment 45890
    Thanks for letting me know, I'll put a filter in for magical items.

Quote Originally Posted by Aridhro View Post
    Will this mean the powers will be added to a "Spells" Group Type in stead of an "Abilities" Group type? That would be nice. Was here to ask the exact same question. Thanks for the update.
    It does.

I actually don't know if it's a bug or if I'm doing something wrong, but when I try to create a character using the Character Wizard, I don't get to choose spells and the spells are missing from the character sheet after I save the character. I have the standard license (for now) and SRD, Basic Rules and PHB loaded in a campaing I created for testing.

I figured out what I was doing wrong!!!
    Last edited by Alryon; April 20th, 2021 at 22:00. Reason: I figured what I was doing wrong!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alryon View Post
    I actually don't know if it's a bug or if I'm doing something wrong, but when I try to create a character using the Character Wizard, I don't get to choose spells and the spells are missing from the character sheet after I save the character. I have the standard license (for now) and SRD, Basic Rules and PHB loaded in a campaing I created for testing.

I figured out what I was doing wrong!!!
    I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue.
    Last edited by FG_Wraith; April 20th, 2021 at 22:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I think your choice of equipment will depend on what modules you have open. A Paladin can choose any martial weapon so if you have a bunch of modules open and they include magical martial weapons then you'll see those on the list. Remember the character Wizard is for players and they won't have access to things like the DMG or adventure modules that would contain magical items.

I tested on a few different characters and they all showed any weapons of the type they were allowed that are available from any module that you have open as a DM. So I suspect in your case you had a at least one adventure module open that contained magical warhammers and other magic weapons.
    Ah! Thank you, I looked and I had a bunch of the modules - DMG & Tasha's / Unearthed with the Players and DM's modules were shared. New to the software. Thanks for the help.

I've been trying to use the character wizard as DM, to create an Arcane Trickster and bring them to level 8. I'm having a problem with Spells, in that the level up wizard never creates my 2nd level spell slots on the 'Action' tab. As well, when I access the Spell button when in the level up > 'Spells' page and click the [L1] or [L2] buttons, I get the following respective errors:

[4/22/2021 10:01:54 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "button_spelllevel_1"]:22: 'for' limit must be a number
    [4/22/2021 10:03:54 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "button_spelllevel_1"]:23: 'for' limit must be a number

In addition to that, when I click the [Arcane Trickster] button on the level up > 'Spells' page I get this error:

[4/22/2021 10:07:02 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard_spelllist.lua"]:360: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

I've turned off all extensions, but still get the same results and errors. If it matters, I have the the Migard Heroes Handbook module loaded and the race my Arcane Trickster is the Midgard Kobold.
    Last edited by kronovan; April 22nd, 2021 at 18:33.

Quote Originally Posted by kronovan View Post
    I've been trying to use the character wizard as DM, to create an Arcane Trickster and bring them to level 8. I'm having a problem with Spells, in that the level up wizard never creates my 2nd level spell slots on the 'Action' tab. As well, when I access the Spell button when in the level up > 'Spells' page and click the [L1] or [L2] buttons, I get the following respective errors:

[4/22/2021 10:01:54 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "button_spelllevel_1"]:22: 'for' limit must be a number
    [4/22/2021 10:03:54 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "button_spelllevel_1"]:23: 'for' limit must be a number

In addition to that, when I click the [Arcane Trickster] button on the level up > 'Spells' page I get this error:

[4/22/2021 10:07:02 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard_spelllist.lua"]:360: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

I've turned off all extensions, but still get the same results and errors. If it matters, I have the the Migard Heroes Handbook module loaded and the race my Arcane Trickster is based upon is the Midgard Kobold.
    Thanks kronovan, I don't think the midgard race is at fault here, more likely my recent feature additions to spells. I'll take a look at these script errors and get a fix out immediately. Again, thanks for the report.

Thread Information