5E Character Create Playlist
Page 94 of 104 First ... 44849293949596 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by EllivasKram View Post
    Can I just say that for the 1st time I suggested to all my players use the lvl up button (Wizard) for going to lvl 11.

Usually we spend an hour with me talking them through the lvl up using the drag and drop old method and using discord screen shares.

This time they lvl’d up themselves with purely a few discussions more on choices than mechanics.

Impressed. It just worked. Many thanks superteddy for all the hard work
    Thanks for the kind words! Still has some more fine tuning and expansion, but certainly brought a smile to my face. Enjoy and have fun
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by jowenconnorton View Post
    Yeah I did that in my original message:

"Experiencing an error in my game where when players use the character wizard they get this error

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard.lua"]:1074: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

and nothing is actually added to their character sheet. Any fix for this?"

I've since found the source of the error. It seems to be coming from the Kingdoms & Warfare extension.
    I'm having the same exact issue with the same exact error, with Kingdoms and Warfare being the cause. Turning it off removes the error.

Some of the third and second party might be problematic with the Character Wizard for now. If you use the older drag and drop method of character creation with Homebrew or non WotC content, you will not get as many console errors. I believe that Smiteworks is working on this compatibility with unofficial WotC content.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Quote Originally Posted by johncawks View Post
    I'm having the same exact issue with the same exact error, with Kingdoms and Warfare being the cause. Turning it off removes the error.
    I didn't want to respond without having a through look at the issue. I believe the issue might be the extension tinkering with the charwizard code. The error you relayed is that it's not able to locate the ability score summary field and it might be the overriding of the DataCommon.abilities from within the extension. I'll see if I can reach out to the developer that produced the extension.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

My players just reach level 13 and used the Character wizard. They press the commit button and save the character, however they did not automatically get spell slots. Had to adjust those setting manually. Playing the 5e ruleset.
    Last edited by meadegendar; May 30th, 2022 at 04:14.

Quote Originally Posted by meadegendar View Post
    My players just reach level 13 and used the Character wizard. They press the commit button and save the character, however they did not automatically get spell slots. Had to adjust those setting manually. Playing the 5e ruleset.
    I was able to see my spell matrix was off on the 13th level. Will have this fix pushed with weekly update.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

I was recently looking at the barbarian class characters, and I noticed a few things when using the CW to level the character from level 2 through to level 20:

- The first key issue is that the "brutal Critical" feature is added a total of three times, and all three times its got the same amount of dice to be rolled set to 3d8, when it really should be 1d8, 2d8 and then 3d8 as the character gains enhancements to the feature, see the attached screenshot.
    - When applying the level 12 ASI, the wizard ignored the Dexterity selection as the only selection and refused to apply the +2 bonus to it, however it seemed to work OK for all other levels. I had to manually adjust that after the fact.
    - The number of uses with the Rage feature, failed to increase in their number of uses, and remained at the 2 uses that was initially configured, as per the additionally screenshot.
    - Persistent Rage was added to the Abilities tab twice, but I did have all supplements loaded that had content specific to a barbarian class, so its possible it picked up the other class entries
    - An "Average" was used in relation to hit point gains, rather than random rolls - maybe this should be a house rule that can be configurable in the options panel rather than an assumption, as I know quite a few players who would not be overly happy that a roll did not happen (this is a suggestion, not really an issue for me).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FGC Ultimate License, FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Stoehovve
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Tutorials - https://www.youtube.com/user/stoehovve

Quote Originally Posted by stoehovve View Post
    I was recently looking at the barbarian class characters, and I noticed a few things when using the CW to level the character from level 2 through to level 20:

- The first key issue is that the "brutal Critical" feature is added a total of three times, and all three times its got the same amount of dice to be rolled set to 3d8, when it really should be 1d8, 2d8 and then 3d8 as the character gains enhancements to the feature, see the attached screenshot.
    - When applying the level 12 ASI, the wizard ignored the Dexterity selection as the only selection and refused to apply the +2 bonus to it, however it seemed to work OK for all other levels. I had to manually adjust that after the fact.
    - The number of uses with the Rage feature, failed to increase in their number of uses, and remained at the 2 uses that was initially configured, as per the additionally screenshot.
    - Persistent Rage was added to the Abilities tab twice, but I did have all supplements loaded that had content specific to a barbarian class, so its possible it picked up the other class entries
    - An "Average" was used in relation to hit point gains, rather than random rolls - maybe this should be a house rule that can be configurable in the options panel rather than an assumption, as I know quite a few players who would not be overly happy that a roll did not happen (this is a suggestion, not really an issue for me).
    The wizard will add the feature to your actions tab, but will not update based off the level it receives it currently. The actions were meant to help get your actions tab started, but ultimately be up to the player to update those entries. The actions being added was a recent addition and something we are still brainstorming what it will ultimately become. The inspiration was Zaccaeus' free xml sheets for each class and were used in creation of them. So the next evolution will be to have those actions update along with the level.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I didn't want to respond without having a through look at the issue. I believe the issue might be the extension tinkering with the charwizard code. The error you relayed is that it's not able to locate the ability score summary field and it might be the overriding of the DataCommon.abilities from within the extension. I'll see if I can reach out to the developer that produced the extension.
    This has been fixed and submitted. It should be released on Tuesday.
    My Forge creations: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/9/view-profile
    My GitHub: https://github.com/MeAndUnique
    Buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/meandunique
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

Thread Information