5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
    First, sorry for the ruckus and that I am in the wrong channel, but this will be the last post regarding this case
    I retraced the steps and the following happened:
    I imported the character from DDB. Then I recreated it with the character wizard, but the spells I just dragged over from the DDB import.
    So, sorted, my mistake

regards, Loco

(edit: But you can´t create a proper knowledge domain cleric with the character wizard. You have to absolutely double check because of "Blessings of Knowledge")
    Last edited by Locotomo; August 3rd, 2022 at 14:51.

Bug selecting Arcane Trikster only

TL;DR: Arcane trickster can't select spells unless selecting other spellcaster class/subclass.

Two days ago I was getting ideas for a homebrew subclass and I though to give it a specific cantrip + other two just like an Arcane Trickster. So I Try to build an Arcane trickster to see how does FGU builds it, if it counts towards cantrips known, etc. However when I moved to the SPELLS section in character creation an error would pop up in the logs, that I clearly don't understand, and no spells available would show up, no spell list would be selected and no spell can be added to the character when manually selecting a spell list.
    As of recently I discovered that if you select ANY other spellcasting class, sometimes you'd get the logs to pop up but you would still see your list auto-selected, spells available to select, and when you select a spell it adds and drives the count up to the maximum allowed whether is cantrip or leveled spell. However if you select any other spellcaster, go to spells part of the creation, then go back to class and select arcane trickster, then go again to spells, now you would see the cantrips, although no list is selected, and you can add spell driving the count up. But you still have 0 spells available so you can put infinite spells. I don't think its game breaking I just think it's EXTREMELY weird that it just happens with one specific subclass and no other spell caster and I own almost all official material for 5e. So I tested one by one every class and subclass of all the modules separated. Meaning for example, I enable Wildemount to test the wizard subclasses without any other module except for DMG, PH and MM which are the basics. Maybe I should have ditch those and test de SRD and Basic Rules to see if any of those are at fault.

I uninstalled every forge extension, disable them, updated and forced updated the FGU client (Steam version idk if it makes a difference) and tested every official module separately. Today as of posting this it's still the same. I'll include the logs and screen captures as recommended by Bryce, however I'll include new logs and new captures from today as well. Again I'm no developer so I don't know what will or won't affect the code so better safe than sorry.

UPDATE: I unistall FGU and erased all data even temp files, Install everything again and still the error persists.

Yesterday: logs 13-08 + 2022-08-13.png

Today: Logs 14-08 + png.zip -- in this order: n1 (selecting arcane tricks), n2 (selecting spells not work), n3 (selecting wizard works), n4 (arcane triks now has spells after wizard), n5 (selecting spells works, counter does not)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DrakyAshkore; August 15th, 2022 at 02:52.

I may not know what I am talking about , but if you try to use Homebrew content with the character wizard, it might not pick up your edits or changes. The official content will work with the Character Wizard. Have you tried using your new content with the older drag and drop method of PC creation too?
    Also, did you try to create the new class with the current methodology of the newer class builder function in FGU?
    https://youtu.be/oa9CbtYiCJs
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

I didn't implement the homebrew class features and spells yet, it's all just written. The normal players handbook arcane trickster is the one that doesn't work. However I'll create a new campaign and test if any other data is causing any errors.

UPDATE: I've just tried loading players handbook on a new clean campaign with no extensions and no homebrew things. It still doesn't work.
    Last edited by DrakyAshkore; August 19th, 2022 at 03:19. Reason: Update

I will be honest - I didn't read the 1014 post to see if it was already addressed.

The Warlock (The Genie) as currently defined doesn't have access to all the spells this class specialization should have.

While working on a character for one of my players I realized that at least one spell, Burning Hands, wasn't defined to be taken by this new class specialization published as part of TCoE.

The character wizard is currently under review and upgrade. Thanks for the report, and I will add it to my list of things to look out for when testing the new upgrade.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

When selecting Druid class in the Character Wizard, it lists "Druidic" as a language multiple times. Once you finish creating a character, it only shows up once on the actual sheet.

Thanks for the report. I am currently trying to upgrade the Character Wizard feature and will add this to things to watch out for during it's testing.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Button state issue

Hey there,

I'd like to bring a small detail to your attention.

The Character Wizard uses for its GateCheck the <state icon="button_dialog_cancel_down" and <state icon="button_dialog_ok_down".
    While this is fine with the default theme, any other theme that uses distinct button down states , can potentially face minor visual inconsistencies, like with my Hearth theme, that you might know of.

A search query within most rulesets did not bring these buttons up anywhere else but for the Character Wizard. Am I safe to assume, that they are unique to that interface?
    If so, I can easily fix the described problem, but this could cause unwanted visuals if they are used someplace else (in the future).

Therefore I'd like to request , if the buttons are not already unique, to make them unique or solve this some other way.

Thanks

I support ORC(L) and #opendnd!

Check out my Extensions and Materials for FGU!
    Dark Theme: Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition.
    Custom GM Icon: Sir Motte's GM Icon Replacer.
    Midjourney Art: AI generated images for my campaign.

I am currently upgrading the wizard and the gate keeping buttons are on that list. I will take your consideration during this upgrade. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information