5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
    Blog Entries

Doug Davison Quoted by The Washington Post

In mid-March, when the pandemic began to peak around the world, players flocked to services that accommodate online play. Fantasy Grounds, a virtual tabletop service which licenses D&D content, saw numbers skyrocket. “We saw an initial burst of new users at nearly 15 times our normal rate,” said Doug Davison, president of SmiteWorks USA, which oversees Fantasy Grounds. “It is starting to settle down now, but we are still trending at around 5 times the rate of new user acquisition we saw last year.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...sTICYaW7LYCYN8

I personally found it a bit of a disconnected article as it seemed to mostly be talking about the recent issues/discussion about evil races and social injustice. But, always good to see Doug and FG getting some main stream exposure.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The fact that the Washington Post is aware of Fantasy Grounds is interesting

I didn't see this in the Forres Gazette
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

That's cool that FG is getting publicity. Sometimes it feels like Beyond is the only thing the press cares about or knows about.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...sTICYaW7LYCYN8

I personally found it a bit of a disconnected article as it seemed to mostly be talking about the recent issues/discussion about evil races and social injustice. But, always good to see Doug and FG getting some main stream exposure.
    Did you expect anything more from WaPo?

Blog Entries
    Journalistic standards at main stream ""news" organizations" are not what they once were. Everything swerves drastically in one direction now.

Nice to see someone reached out to Smiteworks though.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

All I can say is, thank God for Wizards of the Coast's bold new stance on evil races. Without that, I wouldn't have been able to play my non-evil Drow. In 1993. With Unearthed Arcana rules. Which were published in 1985.

In regards to the wotc pr thing on evil races et al

The group of players and dms i play with seem to agree it wont change our games. If an evil race fits the narrative (or how an alignment is played) it will still be played the same way regardless what wotc says. The beauty of ttrpg games ...tailoring the experience to your specific story and players.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valatar View Post
    All I can say is, thank God for Wizards of the Coast's bold new stance on evil races. Without that, I wouldn't have been able to play my non-evil Drow. In 1993. With Unearthed Arcana rules. Which were published in 1985.
    Or the non-Evil (Chaos) Orc Character in Men and Magic, Vol 1 of the original D&D rules from the mid-70's.

But if writing about this new topic allows Doug to get a good quote in, more power to them.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Thread Information