FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Chase Map

Chase Map

I am looking for a map that is kind of atypical:

I need something that I can run a (Savage Worlds) long term Chase with. The scale is going to be a little unusual -- I am essentially hoping to emulate the Fury Road chase (although it doesn't have to be in the desert necessarily). I was thinking I might be stuck with pulling something off Google Earth but I thought I would check here first and see if anyone had some suggestions for alternatives.

To expand for clarity: the idea is that the PCs start as the Chasers, running down a convoy. once they catch it they will extract the McGuffin, and then become the Chasees as they try and get away with the McGuffin. It's meant to be a one shot adventure where the whole thing takes place in a relatively short time in the fiction (and a couple hours at the table/VTT). Scale wise I want it to cover some mileage. I plan to lay out a whole deck of chase cards along the chase track as well (and there will be events, encounters and terrain, etc..)

Thanks.

You might be able to get away with this Theater of the Mind Extension by SuperTeddy57.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sal)-Extension

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyQ View Post
    You might be able to get away with this Theater of the Mind Extension by SuperTeddy57.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sal)-Extension
    That's a really neat extension. Thanks for linking it.

In this case, though, I am explicitly NOT looking to do it TotM.

Blog Entries
    Maybe someone has done a tilepack you could use? (Assuming FGU).

If using FGC, then I would probably go with a Google earth or other satellite/aerial image. But you are going to have to watch your image size. For a single image you can probably go as high as 3kx4k pixels, but you will need to test that and verify your process size (of a client) doesn't go over 3GB with everything loaded and the image displayed.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard203 View Post
    I need something that I can run a (Savage Worlds) long term Chase with.

Blog Entries
    Other thing to note if you want a single image to cover lots of distance, make sure your squares/hexes have a size of at least 10 pixels. FGC is known to have issues with squares smaller than that and FGU might have similar issues.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

This is the image used in our adventures.
    I've devised a chase system that is very fast to play, so that the session at the gaming table will be fast-paced.
    In the lower part is explained the distance and what kind of attacks you can carry, in the upper part are placed the tokens of the protagonists of the chase.

fantasy chase_no_background.png

Quote Originally Posted by graziano.girelli View Post
    This is the image used in our adventures.
    I've devised a chase system that is very fast to play, so that the session at the gaming table will be fast-paced.
    In the lower part is explained the distance and what kind of attacks you can carry, in the upper part are placed the tokens of the protagonists of the chase.

fantasy chase_no_background.png
    This is really nice, Im going to go out of my way to use this soon

Thread Information