DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 45 First ... 67891018 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    You're most welcome, thanks for the encouragement
    I've been a bit distracted lately, but hope to get more of those creature diseases/poisons added soon!
    I was playing with the disease tracker extension over the weekend, just love the poisons and disease in the Melodies module, drag and drop and wait. The genius of of the Onset Time! I happen to pick a disease without a cure, without magic eventually it would hurt. Very cool, thank you bmos!

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    I was playing with the disease tracker extension over the weekend, just love the poisons and disease in the Melodies module, drag and drop and wait. The genius of of the Onset Time! I happen to pick a disease without a cure, without magic eventually it would hurt. Very cool, thank you bmos!
    Before making that extension, I was house-ruling no onset durations because I am nearly always incapable of remembering that sort of thing in-game (even when I write myself notes). I'm glad it's working for you

Before making that extension, I was house-ruling no onset durations because I am nearly always incapable of remembering that sort of thing in-game (even when I write myself notes). I'm glad it's working for you
    Haha that reminds me, after the last brutal combat session, the Cleric in my group got the wand out and started casting restoration spells on herself because of all the numbers on the right side of the stat block on the PC Character sheet. I never laughed so hard. I am like "That is not damage on your character but your Permanent Bonuses!" There were some negative levels, hehe.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    Haha that reminds me, after the last brutal combat session, the Cleric in my group got the wand out and started casting restoration spells on herself because of all the numbers on the right side of the stat block on the PC Character sheet. I never laughed so hard. I am like "That is not damage on your character but your Permanent Bonuses!" There were some negative levels, hehe.
    Ha! That is entertaining.
    Yes, the ability section is rather complex so at first glance I could see how that might happen. It might make sense to swap perms and dmg, but then those who got used to the current format would have the same problem!
    When I add extensions I have started briefing my players on them before the next session because they get used to the standard way

I released a big update to Extra Stat to Saves v2.1 today and have just posted smaller fix for Drain and Permanent Bonuses v1.1 to improve compatibility.
    Last edited by bmos; October 12th, 2020 at 16:34.

Today I have a couple more:
    Disease Tracker v2.2 and the associated copy of ClockAdjuster get their own post with details here featuring sweet new art by Zygmunt Molotch.
    Total Encumbrance v3.1 gets an update to better handle Fighter's Armor Training class feature. Armor speed reduction is now negated appropriately and higher tiers of Armor Training are removed if "Advanced armor training" is found in the class features list.
    CoreRPG OpenDyslexic Font v1.1 gets a few font size tweaks and improves compatibility with 3.5E and Pathfinder (3.5E adds two font definitions).
    Last edited by bmos; October 14th, 2020 at 12:35.

wohoo!

IMG_20201006_222739_668-01.png
    IMG-0095 (1).JPG

neat!

wonder if there's a way to implement the _alternative_ poisons & disease tracks too , though switching between two would be cumbersome..

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    wonder if there's a way to implement the _alternative_ poisons & disease tracks too , though switching between two would be cumbersome..
    Certainly, and probably in a more automation friendly way.
    I have considered it back when I was first making Disease Tracker, but wasn't sure how many people use those alternate rules.

I started working on long-term effect expiration yesterday (effects that auto-expire after 10s of minutes, hours, or days rather than just rounds).
    I'm still wandering around the spell+effects code feeling a little lost, but I am pretty optimistic that I can implement this simply (using my disease tracker approach as a model).
    Last edited by bmos; October 14th, 2020 at 12:41.

Certainly, and probably in a more automation friendly way.
    I have considered it back when I was first making Disease Tracker, but wasn't sure how many people use those alternate rules.
    yeah, not sure many do, and obviously I'm using this ruleset like you are at the moment, I just keep casting my eye over it.... maybe for the next campaign

I started working on long-term effect expiration yesterday (effects that auto-expire after 10s of minutes, hours, or days rather than just rounds).
    I'm still wandering around the spell+effects code feeling a little lost, but I am pretty optimistic that I can implement this simply (using my disease tracker approach as a model).
    that sounds great

I've been meaning to play with the DiseaseTracker, to make one for drugs/pharmaceuticals, seems a straight copy at last for drugs

There also has to be a way of correctly labelling oils vs potions when generating a potion (I was thinking about your idea of a potion generator)

I've been meaning to play with the DiseaseTracker, to make one for drugs/pharmaceuticals, seems a straight copy at last for drugs
    Just put "drug" as the type and it should work. It should auto-add support for a new IFTAG, too. From my understanding of PF drugs I think freq should always be 0 also.

There also has to be a way of correctly labelling oils vs potions when generating a potion (I was thinking about your idea of a potion generator)
    Only with a list of every spell and whether it's for objects or people, unfortunately. Some of it could be guessed by parsing a spell's target field for object (but not everything is like this).
    Last edited by bmos; October 15th, 2020 at 12:13.

Thread Information