STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 12 First ... 45678 ... Last
    If you get a chance, can you screenshot that error for me?
    Also, Unity or Classic and any details about the item would be great since it's working with everything I've tried it with.
    Last edited by bmos; August 7th, 2020 at 00:34.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    If you get a chance, can you screenshot that error for me?
    Also, Unity or Classic and any details about the item would be great since it's working with everything I've tried it with.
    I loaded the Beta, and was able to do damage this working sorta.jpg. The I closed and loaded again. Got this Beta.jpg. After that that item could not be fixed. Reloaded a new "+4 mithral agile breastplate". I got out of FGC and saw more errors, but was not fast enough to get a new screenshot. Will try tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by dellanx; August 7th, 2020 at 04:11.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    I loaded the Beta, and was able to do damage this working sorta.jpg. The I closed and loaded again. Got this Beta.jpg. After that that item could not be fixed. Reloaded a new "+4 mithral agile breastplate". I got out of FGC and saw more errors, but was not fast enough to get a new screenshot. Will try tomorrow morning.
    Thanks, that helped me reproduce the issue.
    Closing the program with the item damaged leaves it in a bad spot when it loads it again. For now, don't do that. I'll try to fix soon!

Thanks, that helped me reproduce the issue.
    Closing the program with the item damaged leaves it in a bad spot when it loads it again. For now, don't do that. I'll try to fix soon!
    Alright, thanks. I did notice some other issues, I will see if it behaves the same way next time, can't wait to try!

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

Thank You!

Since I didn't really have a plan going into this extension, I just kept adding things without a clear structure.
    This morning before work, I got the core extension rewritten and restructured so it's a lot cleaner.
    While it doesn't handle the automatic penalties yet, it does figure out the size, substance, hardness, and hp.
    It also supports the dragged damage and color coded reminders of broken/destroyed (although it doesn't unequip/remove the item yet either).

Since I just wrote this today, I'm calling it a beta and just putting it out as an update on progress/for fun.
    Rather than calculating automatically once the information is there, it now requires a button click. This is slightly less convenient, but a lot less likely to cause loops (which is what was happening before since so many fields were triggering scripts when edited and the extension itself was editing them a lot).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bmos; August 8th, 2020 at 00:09.

Since I didn't really have a plan going into this extension, I just kept adding things without a clear structure.
    This morning before work, I got the core extension rewritten and restructured so it's a lot cleaner.
    While it doesn't handle the automatic penalties yet, it does figure out the size, substance, hardness, and hp.
    It also supports the dragged damage and color coded reminders of broken/destroyed (although it doesn't unequip/remove the item yet either).

Since I just wrote this today, I'm calling it a beta and just putting it out as an update on progress/for fun.
    Rather than calculating automatically once the information is there, it now requires a button click. This is slightly less convenient, but a lot less likely to cause loops (which is what was happening before since so many fields were triggering scripts when edited and the extension itself was editing them a lot).
    I loaded the extension and loaded a character. When I did it opened an error 1.jpg in console. Then when I opened the item, I got error 2.jpg with FG-PFRPG-Item-Durability-v2.0.0-beta.ext. After that the toggle worked the first time set to "medium" and "steel". The damage seemed to work, but could not toggle to another setting. Set "medium" and "mithral" manually. The item set the right hardness and hitponts, but took no damage.
    Last edited by dellanx; August 8th, 2020 at 14:28.

Thank You!

I loaded the extension and loaded a character. When I did it opened an error 1.jpg in console. Then when I opened the item, I got error 2.jpg with FG-PFRPG-Item-Durability-v2.0.0-beta.ext. After that the toggle worked the first time set to "medium" and "steel". The damage seemed to work, but could not toggle to another setting. Set "medium" and "mithral" manually. The item set the right hardness and hitponts, but took no damage.
    Update to Total Encumbrance v2
    It looks like the old version of that is incompatible with the new version of this.

The button for size and substance doesn't overwrite what you have entered in the box, it's just to fill empty fields. This is intentional (since it's just guessing and pre-existing information should be the most accurate source).
    The button for hitpoints and hardness does overwrite the boxes since its calculation is pretty rules-accurate (there aren't many edge cases where you have to increase those manually).

Thanks for discovering that.

Here is beta2 which can do weapon penalties again.
    EDIT: and beta3 with armor. this is mostly done, and will be very close to the next release on Tuesday. Just need to do more testing and make sure I haven't missed re-implementing any features.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bmos; August 8th, 2020 at 21:51.

Update to Total Encumbrance v2
    It looks like the old version of that is incompatible with the new version of this.

The button for size and substance doesn't overwrite what you have entered in the box, it's just to fill empty fields. This is intentional (since it's just guessing and pre-existing information should be the most accurate source).
    The button for hitpoints and hardness does overwrite the boxes since its calculation is pretty rules-accurate (there aren't many edge cases where you have to increase those manually).

Thanks for discovering that.

Here is beta2 which can do weapon penalties again.
    EDIT: and beta3 with armor. this is mostly done, and will be very close to the next release on Tuesday. Just need to do more testing and make sure I haven't missed re-implementing any features.
    I loaded both extensions. On opening got an error 1.jpg. Then I applied damage to a "+1 adamantine shock dagger" and "+1 agile breastplate". The Size Category and Substance were correct. The damage was applied. The damage indicator turned orange and red. When the item was destroyed a [DESTROYED] indicator was upended. Very nice! Here is a weapon and armor destruction.jpg.

bmos this is truly awesome work!

Thank You!

I loaded both extensions. On opening got an error 1.jpg. Then I applied damage to a "+1 adamantine shock dagger" and "+1 agile breastplate". The Size Category and Substance were correct. The damage was applied. The damage indicator turned orange and red. When the item was destroyed a [DESTROYED] indicator was upended. Very nice! Here is a weapon and armor destruction.jpg.

bmos this is truly awesome work!
    Thank you
    I have yet to use it in my game but it is pretty fun to see all the little pieces working.

The beta you're using has a couple of little bugs I have identified (which will be fixed in the real release on Tuesday).

Thank you
    I have yet to use it in my game but it is pretty fun to see all the little pieces working.

The beta you're using has a couple of little bugs I have identified (which will be fixed in the real release on Tuesday).
    Very nice, somehow I think this extension interfaces with the item creation in the "Customised Item Generator for 3.5E and Pathfinder" extension.

Thank You!

Thread Information