5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Monster Entries

That personality thing should be and easy cut and paste in the xml. My thought is does this work with modules and can you import personalities with tokens? If so, then you could just make a module with all the monsters as personalities add the tokens once and just import that module into all your different campaigns.

I could try the module thing and see if that works.. as for the XML, I don't even know which XML file to open or where in the XML file to find it. Completely clueless as far as that goes.
    "Excellence can be attained if you Care more than others think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical, and Expect more than others think is possible." - Author Unknown.

The xml would be in the db.xml file. I was just playing with this and I don't think it will work. When I close FG and reopen it the token doesn't seem to stick all the time. I did get it to stick once with some tokens in the root token folder, hmm.

By the way can't get my token to stick... only on the traker can I add a token.. not on the monster sheet?

Its easy to miss. You can only put a token on a creature in the personality list. To do so you just open the personality up. At the very top left on any of the personality tabs there is a brown circle next to the Personalities name.

You just drag your token and drop it on the brown dot. If the token looks like it vanished and did not stick it probably fell through to the wood under the personality. Currently this is not that useful until they get the portrait to stay between sessions and to be importable in modules. Once they do that it will be awesome.

So if I want to put it on a simple monster I have to drag it on the combat tracker then drag the token on it in the combat tracker. Or if the monster is to appear often I drag the monster in the personality then drag the token on the personnality version of the monster. When the monster is needed I drag the personality version to the combat tracker...

And I agree, there is not much advantage in using this until the token stays between session and/or modules.

Thanks!

Yeah, once they get the tokens to stick with modules people will start making personally only modules with the tokens on them and the tokens included with the modules which will greatly simipilfy token storage management and that will be nice.

Thread Information