FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Monster Entries

Monster Entries

So, I noticed that you can drag and drop the tokens to individual monsters in the new d20 Monsters stats entries, so that when you drag and drop them into the combat tracker they automatically can assign the token you want for that default monster. It's completely awesome. Is there a way to transfer that info from one campaign to another, so you don't have to drag and drop the tokens you want to use for the default monster token for all your campaigns you DM? I noticed that all the ones I assigned in one campaign didn't carry over to the other campaign. It'd be kinda long and tedious if I were to say (not that I'm currently doing it) assign all the tokens for all the monsters in my campaign, then start another one and have to do it all over again (even if only for the monsters I'm using done beforehand, it'd be nice if the token assignments could carry over. if I chose to use a different token for one or two monsters in one campaign it's an easy change compared to draging over an ungodly amount of tokens that I already did once before)

If there's no way, I still love the feature enough to literally drag and drop twice, or three times, or however many times I need to do it, but for time constraints purposes...

Any info appreciated, thanks if you know the answer!
    "Excellence can be attained if you Care more than others think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical, and Expect more than others think is possible." - Author Unknown.

Oh, wow. I hadn't realized that. That's awesome!

What about looking at the XML entries and copying the reference to the token in there?

I know about as much about XML as my cat does, to be perfectly honest. That's why I don't really mess around in FG. Afraid I'll screw it up. But, if someone found where it was, and said what to do, I'm sure I could go off those instructions. if I can modify php code off instructions, I guess I could do that.

(Backing up all files of course)
    "Excellence can be attained if you Care more than others think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical, and Expect more than others think is possible." - Author Unknown.

Thanks for mentioning that! I also had no idea you could do this.

rv

My advanced apologies for the dumb question!

I'm having problems reproducing the trick described above. I have a simple map with some troll tokens. I create a new personality ("Troll One"), and put in the d20 stats for that personality. How do I now associate the troll token with the new personality? I tried drag and dropping the icon on top of the personality sheet, but that seemed to not do anything.

Second question: how do I add new personalities to the combat tracker?

Thanks...!

EDIT: Figured it out. Drag and drop the Troll One (from the Personalities page) on the combat tracker.

Drag and drop the token on the top left of the Troll One personality page.
    Last edited by sozin; April 26th, 2007 at 04:01.

Wow, I totally missed that you could do that, also. Sir Bayard it should be easy to cut and paste the xml for Personalities from campaign to campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by sozin
    I'm having problems reproducing the trick described above. I have a simple map with some troll tokens. I create a new personality ("Troll One"), and put in the d20 stats for that personality. How do I now associate the troll token with the new personality? I tried drag and dropping the icon on top of the personality sheet, but that seemed to not do anything.

Second question: how do I add new personalities to the combat tracker?
    Do this:
    1) Open your Troll One from the Personallity.
    2) Grab a token and drag it to the dot in the top left corner of Troll One to the left of the square. The token should "stick" if you did it right.
    3) Open the combat Tracker.
    4) From your Open Personality Troll One drag and drop the square next to the token onto the combat tracker.
    5) Drag the token in the combat tracker to the map.

Heh, beat me to it. Thanks much for the quick reply. (This community is FAST! Thoughtful reply to question after a mere few minutes!).

Woot! I found a new feature. lol I'll experiment with the copy personalities thing tomorrow, and post results if someone doesn't beat me to it (you guys are way faster and more active than I am.)

EDIT: Nevermind. Totally lost, on clue where to even look to find the personalities info, let alone where to find the token assignments to the monster pages and such. I leave that to some of the geniuses out there if they want to try and come up with a solution for the rest of us. lol
    Last edited by Sir Bayard; April 26th, 2007 at 04:35.

Thread Information