DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Unhiding NPCs

Unhiding NPCs

I am finding it difficult to unhide NPCs if I have a large encounter with many NPCs in it. The only way I know to unhide is on the combat tracker. But the problem is if I have 20+ enemies hidden on the map, it is very difficult to see a token, mouse over it to see its label (i.e. Orc 17) and then searching the combat tracker for it and unhiding the token.

Is there a way to click on a token and unhide it from the token click?

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Hi devinlc

My first suggestion is - Use Encounters. Only load the Encounter into the CT when the party bump into them. Dont load your whole map up with actors that are not yet involved.
    And it may be ruleset dependant but you can right click on a token and choose Visibility.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi devinlc

My first suggestion is - Use Encounters. Only load the Encounter into the CT when the party bump into them. Dont load your whole map up with actors that are not yet involved.
    And it may be ruleset dependant but you can right click on a token and choose Visibility.
    The problem is that the PCs are going into living dungeons where the nearby inhabitants will react to battle and come running, so really I need the whole dungeon active so that i can track their movement towards the battlefield and have them cast spells prior to appearing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by devinlc View Post
    The problem is that the PCs are going into living dungeons where the nearby inhabitants will react to battle and come running, so really I need the whole dungeon active so that i can track their movement towards the battlefield and have them cast spells prior to appearing.
    You are making life hard for yourself if you put all these extra peeps in the CT.
    The PCs cant see into the next room.
    How would I do this?
    Look at the Combat Tracker - after X of rounds add the nearby encounter onto the map and drag them into the room.

You might want to look at this as an option.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...bat-extension)

Here's what I would do:
    Only add the tokens to the combat tracker at the time you think that the noise from the next room would alert them.

Keep combat small. Personally, I'd hate to try to track 20+ targets. I'd get confused too.

Devinlc, I agree, it would be nice to have a short cut to click on a token and toggle its visibility. I have run into plenty of situations where this would be helpful, even without multiple encounters in the combat tracker. There are many, many encounters defined in published modules with 10+ NPC combatants. Those plus your party, and it's a pain to track down Wolf #6 or Goblin #9 in the combat tracker to toggle their visibility when they hide, or jump out of the bushes.

I don't see any functionality related to visibility states of tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by lavoiejh View Post
    I don't see any functionality related to visibility states of tokens.
    I think it's because you said:
    it's a pain to track down Wolf #6 or Goblin #9 in the combat tracker to toggle their visibility when they hide, or jump out of the bushes.
    And with that extension, because it makes it more visible which token currently has initiative in the combat tracker, perhaps you can more easily keep track of which enemy in the combat tracker belongs with which token.

Thread Information