DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    I've got a database folder from the latest 3.6.1 version of the Offline Compendium and ran it through the Python scripts. I didn't encounter any obvious errors, however the console output is giving me some concern. For NPCs, Feats, and Powers, all entries that were recovered from the database were converted, but other numbers don't match up:
    * 631 basic weapon entries were recovered, but only 128 were converted
    * 493 basic armor entries were recovered, but only 99 were converted (as Weapons)
    * 1963 feat entries were recovered, but only 180 were converted.

Is this intended behavior?

Hello, I've been trying to convert my offline compendium js files. I keep getting an error in each of them when running them individually.
    Capture.PNG
    if needs be I can provide the data0.js as an example.
    I double checked and have some text formatting in the js files. Mostly carriage returns and tabs. I tried taking them out to now effect.
    The error itself seems to be a problem in the python file. But I'm not sure what the displayed error is telling me.

I've managed to generate the .mod files, but inspecting the db.xml I see there is no <library> tag, so how can we access the power list, for instance?

Edit: Solved with Better Menus extension.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...oreRPG-5E-etc)
    You can see Powers/Feats in the Records menu.
    Last edited by qumaciel; July 3rd, 2021 at 13:53.

Is it just me, or does the Adventure Vault I & II along with Mordekainen not show up in basic_items, basic_armor, and basic_weapons? If this is intended, is there a reason for it to be so? I would love to have every item accessable for my games.

Thanks for the great work on the module generator! It has enabled me to play 4e with 4 of my friends, and it runs quite smoothly.

I've run the program. Got the files to convert/create the .mod files. The file sizes are small, and I cannot see the detailed info. Is there a chance someone can supply the .mod files for group use?

Ran the program and everything came out swimmingly. While I'm thrilled beyond words (I came to 4e after the DDI shut-down), it would be wonderful to also have the program cover race, class, rituals, and combat stuff like Opportunity Attacks, Basic Melee, etc. Any chance that might be covered someday?

power-parse.png

Any reason this is popping up? Or a known fix?

Hi,
    i was refered here because i am attempting to get the full functality out of FGU 4e. i need the menu tabs for race and class. all i need are the structues to be filled in and used. i dabbled in programming some 25+ years ago. the details are a bit fuzzy at this distance. i am only intersted in using the 4e ruleset for personal use in a solitare. i have be advised that i need extentions for these items. i ama total nube when it comes to creating these.
    a little background on me: i have been a DM for the last 40+ years. when 4e cam out i picked up a PH, saw that 1st level characters were geven powers. closed the book and wen back to running the 3e campaign that we were playing. now in my dottage i have decided to explore 4e w/ FGU only to find it is crippled. any not too technical help you can give will be most appreciated.
    ********** What I Accept, I Teach **********

The 4E ruleset is very functional.

garymichaelduke back in the days before the the defunct rules compendium came out we input the data by hand. I'm telling you this because for first level characters you only need a couple of at wills, an encounter and a daily power. So like 4-5 powers per first level character and maybe a racial.

If you are just doing some solitaire stuff that is still probably the best way. By the time 4E was finished there were thousands of powers. It makes very little sense to input anything like that amount since you will only use a handful even with full 30th level characters.

Where you will run into problems is monster data because there are thousands of them too and unlike powers you are going to need a fair amount of them. Monsters were designed to act much like parties with various monster types complimenting each other and increasing and decreasing difficulty due to synergies. Monsters were generally simpler since there was such a variety of them for each monster.

My best advice to you is to just get some second hand books cheap off of e-bay or out of a used book bin and play your game on FG with the books open in your lap and skip the data entry.

However, if you do want to do data entry if you enter a few powers into a character sheet and monsters in as NPCs and then you could look at how the XML data is structured.

Thread Information