STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: Making Maps

Making Maps

What tools do you guys use to make your maps? In Roll20 I can just draw some walls and drop tiles and tokens on the map for everything. Can't get that to work in FGU.

Xargun
    Last edited by Xargun; July 20th, 2020 at 21:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Xargun View Post
    What tools do you guys use to make your maps? In Roll20 I can just draw some walls and drop tiles and tokens on the map for everything. Can't get that to work in FGU.

Xargun
    Hi,

I've not got FGU installed atm.

I build (bad!) maps using CC3+ and then add them into the session.

I've been watching FGU videos and it seems you can easily make them, as long as you have graphics pack.

Look here and the ads running, Joshua runs map map and image stuff on Saturdays. So there should be plenty of videos to watch on Twitch.

https://www.twitch.tv/fantasygrounds

Cheers,
    Col
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

I use CC3+ with cosmographer & some photoshop for my maps, see this thread, (shameless plug) https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ity-Expansions. I try to release a pack a month of some of the maps I use during my campaigns.

There should be no problem using them in unity, and they are pretty reusable for different adventures. If you have anything specific in mind drop me a message, I'll see what I an do and maybe include in the next pack.
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

I have already downloaded your maps and they are beautiful but at some point I need to make my own. I have CC3+ but will admit I am not very good with it. I also don't see any Sci Fi tile sets for it. Where did you get yours?

Xargun

They are part of the cosmographer package, yes, CC3+ is a steep learning curve, but worth it in the long run if you really do need a lot of maps.

Thanks for the compliment!
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

I will look at this cosmographer package.

Xargun

Thread Information