DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I can probably make a 'compatibility patch' version of this for the interim
    Hopefully the job hunt takes you somewhere good, although months without salary is quite a bummer.
    thanks

ah, an interim patch would be super cool

Turns out I was able to do the patch in the main extension!
    No real need to integrate the two, really. Much easier than I thought.
    v1.1.7 is here

v1.1.7 is here
    ah, very cool, thanks a lot

v1.1.7 is here
    I tested this with the PFRPG - Spellbook, and both extentions loaded, and it works great. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    I tested this with the PFRPG - Spellbook, and both extentions loaded, and it works great. Thank you.
    Thanks for the confirmation, any community testing is greatly appreciated

I made huge improvements to the code this morning.
    No changes to functionality, but here is v1.2.
    57 additions and 386 deletions to keep things nice and trim/tidy.
    It's now 5.18 KB instead of 8.34 KB

v1.4 now released.
    • Better detection of spells for automatic upgrading of their spell descriptions.
    • Checked compatibility with upcoming Tuesday update.
    • Cleaner code

I don't know why, but when I use this extension with modules that I created for a campaign, all the spell descriptions of custom effects and consumable items that I created for specific NPCs disappear. The spell descriptions of the PFRPG - Spellbook are kept for the NPCs that I dragged & dropped these spells to. When I deactivate the extension, the descriptions come back immediately. This is quite peculiar and impeded some of my games since I was clueless at that time as to why the descriptions I wrote in the module were simply not there when they were loaded in my playing campaign. I only found out today that it was indeed this extension that was problematic. Any idea as to why this happens? Should I do an extra step while exporting my modules or is there a specific description layout needed to carry over when the module is loaded?

Note that I haven't created a spell entry for the custom effects for the NPC's.
    Also, the spell description of the PFRPG Action Library that I dragged & dropped in NPC's disappear too.

I am using FGU

Thank you very much for your help.
    Last edited by Khoredran; February 19th, 2021 at 15:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Khoredran View Post
    when I use this extension with modules that I created for a campaign, all the spell descriptions of custom effects and consumable items that I created for specific NPCs disappear.
    When I deactivate the extension, the descriptions come back immediately.
    That's because this extension hides the 'true description' and fetches the (usually better) fully-formatted description from the spellbook module.
    I can update it to have it bring over the real description when it doesn't find a match from the spellbook, I think that would solve your use case.
    I have filed this as issue #5 and am looking into it now. Strangely I do have code to do this already, but something must not be triggering it correctly.
    Last edited by bmos; February 19th, 2021 at 15:46.

That would be amazing! Thanks to you, I now understand why my issue occured and it might help other people out there that wanted to use this extension but got missing descriptions when using custom-made modules! I am very impressed by the quick response and I'm eager to download the updated version of the extension that will work for me.

Thread Information