FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I want to add to that bug: The applied crit confirmation result message does not display AC effects of the target (in the case when it gets applied) (but they are taken into account, just a visual bug which confused me while I was testing something )

So, the crit confirmation needs some polish seemingly (or, that is by design maybe? To avoid confusion about whether effects got doubled? I think it depends a bit on how one reads this chat message; it can be confusing but might be also with the other version when I now think about it)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; July 21st, 2020 at 05:48.

Zygmunt Molotch and I were discussing this earlier and I thought it was worth summarizing the behavior a bit:
    1. Manual roll is entered (20)
    2. The manual roller asks for another roll to confirm the crit (which means at some level the 3.5e rulset is integrating with it to handle critical)
    3. Manual roll 2 is entered and returns a hit result (EDIT: the "returns a hit result" here is very important, this isn't an issue with un-targeted rolls)
    4. The 'critical' modifier does not get enabled (it should)
    Last edited by bmos; August 25th, 2020 at 13:04.

I checked both FGC/FGU using the sample adventure to test with the characters already pre-made. I rolled a sword attack and inputted a 20 roll. Then confirmed the crit and then rolled damage. It showed the green crit die available to roll. The chat produced the damage with the crit damage as well. I also followed your steps as you listed above and saw no issues. Can you attempt again and report the results? If it continues, we may need to have a copy of the campaign to see it in action.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I checked both FGC/FGU using the sample adventure to test with the characters already pre-made. I rolled a sword attack and inputted a 20 roll. Then confirmed the crit and then rolled damage. It showed the green crit die available to roll. The chat produced the damage with the crit damage as well. I also followed your steps as you listed above and saw no issues. Can you attempt again and report the results? If it continues, we may need to have a copy of the campaign to see it in action.
    Did you have a target? The issue especially arises when targetting someone and then having a crit (via manual rolls). The crit confirmation won't check the AC of the target and, thus, the damage won't be a crit when applied to the target

When having no target, then everything's working fine with manual rolls, and you may have observed that
    Last edited by Kelrugem; August 25th, 2020 at 08:15.

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Capture.PNG

as Kel says, you need a target

it's reproducible in all campaigns...

but, hey, tell me what you need, I'll send it!

explanation of attachment:

manual- 20 hit
    manual- 20 confirm (you need crit confirm turned on)
    and then
    roll damage die: no crit on manual window
    Last edited by Zygmunt Molotch; August 25th, 2020 at 09:12.

Thank you for clarifying that. You are correct, no target with my tests. I can remedy that quickly and check through the code and see where it's dropping the ball.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

We believe we may have found the issue. Keep an eye out for the next update.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

cool, thanks

disregard

Thread Information