STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by nezzir
    What I've found so far:

The modules will only load for the Lite client if two criteria are met:

1. The .xml file (inside the mod zip) must be named client.xml and not data.xml
    2. The .xml files must be present on the computer running the lite version
    How can this file be transfered to the client automatically? It doesn't seem practical to have to email everyone this file so that it is on their system.

Yes, for clients to be able to open modules, they must contain player data (client.xml) and be installed locally.

To pass the players data from the host, use the file name common.xml. These modules can be activated by the host, and all clients will get the data. However, they still can't access the data on their own without having the module.

All three types can be mixed within a module if so desired, i.e. a module can contain any combination of the three files client.xml, common.xml and db.xml.
    Tero Parvinen
    Fantasy Grounds Guru

So for the aforementioned summoned critters module, you could just copy the content from the MM module (don't forget to get all the various XML tags you need) for things you can summon, name it client.xml instead of data.xml, and then the players can use it.

Someone willing to make the effort could also include menus in the module that would organize the monsters by the spell that summons them....

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin-King
    To pass the players data from the host, use the file name common.xml. These modules can be activated by the host, and all clients will get the data. However, they still can't access the data on their own without having the module.
    Maybe it's too early for me to understand this, but what do you mean by "use the file name common.xml"?

Quote Originally Posted by Cantstanzya
    Maybe it's too early for me to understand this, but what do you mean by "use the file name common.xml"?
    The mod files can contain data in any or all three of db.xml, client.xml and common xml and what it's called determines how the information is shared with players.

Thread Information