FG Spreadshirt Swag

Feature request: Color F-keys for on/off conditions

Ahoi.

Would it be possible to color F-key shortcuts when on/off conditions are pulled to them, so that they switch to red as the condition buttons themselves do? I use F-keys for MAP, cover and flat-footed conditions, all of which are on/off ones.

This could also be useful for turning effects on/off in combination with a preferences switch (currently FG tries to stack effects and reports that one is already present).

This is core FG functionality that would have to be changed in the base application. It is not specific to the PF2 ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I understand. Thanks for the quick answer. As a workaround I set the condition window to an F-key and thus can quickly switch it on/off for a better overview of what's enabled.

The place for core functionality feature requests is the wish list here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Seeing how many of the top votes are from 2012 (8 years old) I don't have high hopes for feature requests to lead anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Seeing how many of the top votes are from 2012 (8 years old) I don't have high hopes for feature requests to lead anywhere.
    As has been mentioned before, the FG devs do look at this list frequently and it is the official channel for submitting feature requests. Not submitting a feature request severely reduces the chance of getting a feature implemented.

Indeed it has been mentioned and indeed I made use of that list already. But time is precious for everyone, so why use it on further populating a list that hold thousands of votes for close to a decade?! Developers are busy getting Unity stable and on par with Classic and first and foremost.

Even those feature request that are indeed in progress or completed in Unity are not updated on that list (I am looking at you "Map - Multiple layers"). And what use in me adding another +1 to "Map - User ping" if it hasn't seen the light of day for 8 years already? There is exactly one feature listed as "in progress" for over a year now, no other "in progress" items listed.

So if a feature cannot be covered by a ruleset, module or extension then my hopes for getting a feature request done as core functionality are rather low. From a user's perspective this list seems like a waste of time for the time being, and it does not make much of an effort to be taken seriously (aka moon_wizard is busy with more pressing matters of development than keeping the list organized).

If time is so precious to you why do you spend so much time arguing and not follow the official procedure? You know the process to follow for feature requests. Follow it to get the best chance of your request implemented, or don't. Your choice on how you best spend your precious time to maximize getting what you want done.

Closing this thread now as my time is indeed too precious to spend it in unproductive arguing.

Thread Information