5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Unity - Loading token directly onto map causes FG to go into not Responding

Summary: Unity - Loading token directly onto map causes FG to go into not Responding

Ruleset(s): 5e and Pathfidner

New Campaign / FGC Migrated Campaign: new Campaign

Extensions/Themes:Not relevant - switched them all off

Modules Loaded:
    This is relevant to
    5e
    White Plume Mountain
    Unknown Whom

Pathfinder
    Ruins of Azlant AP1

But i can reproduce the issue with any map in any module, by dragging a token directly onto a map. I do this to represent spells like spiritual weapon or flaming sphere. Used to work fine in Classic, but causes lock up in with Unity.

Operating System / Language Setting: Windows/English

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Load a token directly onto map such as a hammer or flame or row boat.
    2) The associated module db.xml file then increase in size dramatically.
    3) In 5e the FG software goes into No response when ever you try to reload that map. In pathfinder the FG software lags for about 45 seconds when ever it auto saves.

Attached are two 5e db.xml files this has happen to me with. I can no longer open certain battle maps to remove the tokens. I can remove the db.xml, but will loose all my prep work. The maps in question are
    White Plume Mountain: Battle map: Dungeon - Part 1.
    Unknown Whom: Map -Circles Player

The db.xml file that it happen to me in Pathfinder is now too large to upload here. But that's ok i am still able to open the map and simply removing the token fixes the problem

If you can import the attached files, open the maps in question, remove the tokens it should fix the problem. If you could then send the files back to me, i will keep all my prep work.

But i think there is an underlying problem here that needs to be addressed with Unity so you can put tokens directly on to a map without the software freezing up.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Moon Wizard asked you to get some details in the previous thread where this was discussed. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post525719

Please get the whole campaign directory, and the token file (if it's not in a module - if it is in a module give details of how to find it), ZIP it up and put it on a fileshare somewhere (assuming it's too large to email) and then email a link to the files, and this thread, to [email protected]

Thanks!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information