FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 50 of 53 First ... 404849505152 ... Last
    Our group managed to solve the issue without going to the dev version. We did this by copying the CACHE of the campaign from one of the players that could connect, to the players that could not.

@ Exqzr: The GM may be talking about something else. To change to a different channel from the Live one, start FGU and click the "Settings" button and this will bring up the FGUpdaterEngine popup. Click the "Advanced" tab. In the bottom left is a Drop down menu called "Build Channel". Click the down arrow and select "Dev" and then Save. Run the updater, different channels have their own unique data so if something gets screwed up it stays in that channel's data and doesn't effect the other channel's data.

After you are done testing don't forget to switch back to the "Live" channel.

Note both the player and GM need to be on the Dev channel.

I just pushed a build with the connection fixes the @smelton was working on to the Live channel. If you've switched to the Dev channel, then please switch back to Live.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I just pushed a build with the connection fixes the @smelton was working on to the Live channel. If you've switched to the Dev channel, then please switch back to Live.

Regards,
    JPG
    Yes we saw the update loaded it and now no problem for me and my wife. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelCorpse View Post
    Our group managed to solve the issue without going to the dev version. We did this by copying the CACHE of the campaign from one of the players that could connect, to the players that could not.
    That suggests that there's some kind of flood protection on that player's router/connection. They could experience other issues at time, with downloads from the GM getting blocked.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Tried the dev (current live build) and still having connection issues, im the only one out of 4 players who are unable to connect to our DM's session, Tried the following steps to rule out potentional sources, no difference in the behaviour nomatter which step was taken.
    Please note that each step has been taken on 2x physically different PC's, on 2x different LAN connections, using 2x different ISP's (one for cabled internet connection, one for 4G-connection)
    - verified there is nothing being blocked for outgoing traffic in the firewall
    - uninstalled FGU and manually removed any leftover files/registry entries
    - reinstalled FGU
    - disabled local firewall/antivirus
    - tried different account types (both with license, and without license)
    - tried both DEV, LIVE, PREV builds, same issue in all of them
    - last time FGU worked was saturday 2021-05-08, there have been no changes in my local enviroment for the network.

below you can see the logs from me and from the DM doing a check today to see if we could get it to work again Glerin_logs = me, fgu_logs = DM
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Glerin View Post
    Tried the dev (current live build) and still having connection issues, im the only one out of 4 players who are unable to connect to our DM's session, Tried the following steps to rule out potentional sources, no difference in the behaviour nomatter which step was taken.
    Please note that each step has been taken on 2x physically different PC's, on 2x different LAN connections, using 2x different ISP's (one for cabled internet connection, one for 4G-connection)
    - verified there is nothing being blocked for outgoing traffic in the firewall
    - uninstalled FGU and manually removed any leftover files/registry entries
    - reinstalled FGU
    - disabled local firewall/antivirus
    - tried different account types (both with license, and without license)
    - tried both DEV, LIVE, PREV builds, same issue in all of them
    - last time FGU worked was saturday 2021-05-08, there have been no changes in my local enviroment for the network.

below you can see the logs from me and from the DM doing a check today to see if we could get it to work again Glerin_logs = me, fgu_logs = DM
    Welcome to the FG forums. Sorry you're having issues. Thanks for providing the information and logs.

The GM log shows "[5/16/2021 10:21:38 AM] Authorization failed: Incorrect password." - this suggests that the GM has set a password for their campaign and it's not being entered correctly. Exactly what are you seeing on the player side? Any error messages?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Welcome to the FG forums. Sorry you're having issues. Thanks for providing the information and logs.

The GM log shows "[5/16/2021 10:21:38 AM] Authorization failed: Incorrect password." - this suggests that the GM has set a password for their campaign and it's not being entered correctly. Exactly what are you seeing on the player side? Any error messages?
    I get stuck at the "Attempting to connect..." stage, no error messages or the like it just dosnt get past that stage

Quote Originally Posted by marcopico View Post
    Hello, a player of mine today had some connection issues. Both the player and I are using Windows 10.
    I am perfectly able to join another GM's campaign. When I load my own campaign, two other players can join it as easily as before. The player with connection issues tried to access the game in several ways, restarted his computer and his network connection but couldn't join. Needless to say, he could join the same campaign before the latest update.
    Here are our logs. Can you please provide some help? Thanks.
    Thanks for all the suggestions, but the only solution so far was for me (as GM) to set a LAN connection. This way, my player was able to join the campaign as usual. Neither using the DEV version nor updating to Live 4.1.1 solved the issue. For now, I'm going to stick to the LAN option, but I hope things can get fixed soon. And yes, we live in Europe as someone noticed.

Thread Information