Starfinder Playlist
Page 5 of 53 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    I have one player that is consistently the only person to be disconnected from my games. Oddly, he is the person closest to me geographically, and is on the same ISP as me (AT&T U-Verse). His logs are in the .zip file, mine are in the gm_Console.log.

FGU Ultimate (2020-07-16)
    Windows 10 64-bit
    D&D 5E
    Direct IP Connection
    As you'll see from the log I had quite a few extensions and modules loaded, but that was unusual, and this issue is not new.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Neovirtus; August 4th, 2020 at 19:37.

Is he using a VPN, or a wireless connection>?
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Rebooted machine
    Removed community extensions.
    Still get error: Game server connection was lost. Please return to launcher, and start game again.
    This occurs shortly after closing the Campaign set up window.

I get this with both the GURPS and 5e rulesets.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    Is he using a VPN, or a wireless connection>?
    If this was directed at me, no. Just a wired connection direct to router, then to modem.

edit: and I am the same.
    Last edited by Neovirtus; August 5th, 2020 at 02:06.

Since Classic essentially ceased working for us (different thread, no solution in sight), we are in the process of moving over to FGU. We briefly checked by 2 people joining for a bit and all seemed fine. Now, that I'm actually running FGU in the background (while reading/prepping), it keeps dc/ing every single time, after about 10-20min latest. "Shutting down because of fatal error: Lost connection to relay server"

FGU Ultimate / Windows 10 64-bit / D&D 5E

At first I was wondering if this is some sort of inactivity kick (in which case its way too soon because 10-20min of talking on discord while not actively rolling or anything in FGU is pretty common) but if not, it seems unplayable like this (?).

The thing making this even more critical for "us" is that we all work full time and have a rather large group, meaning we only get to play like once in 4-6 weeks and need to plan the date in advance. If everyone shows up and we cannot really play, we dont have the choice of saying "until next week"; its another 1-2 months later.

Valhingen - I would double check the contents of this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important

If that applies to you it could be the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by lavoiejh View Post
    Valhingen - I would double check the contents of this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important

If that applies to you it could be the culprit.
    No, that shouldnt be it in my case. Even stranger, so....

Scenario 1 : I run FGU on my own PC, cloud-public and dont do anything - d/c as above after 10-20min, every time
    Scenario 2 : as above but in addition, I join with PC 2 within same LAN (though I do connect via cloud, not LAN) - seems stable, at least for approx 2 hours or so, still running

Does that make sense to anyone? That you d/c if only the DM is hosting vs. one player has joined?

@lavoiejh,
    It looks like you are running in LAN mode. If so, all the connection is directly between you and player. If the player is disconnecting, I would look at some of the flood protection or QoS or other security settings on that player's machine.

@Padre Moto,
    The cloud network library developer has been working on this issue in particular over the last couple weeks trying to figure out what causes it, and reducing load on the servers. Can you provide information on what city/country you are in?

@Valhingen,
    I'll forward it on to the network library developer. Thanks for the additional sleuthing.

Regards,
    JPG

As per my scenario 2 above, it ran stable for 2.5 hours....then...
    [8/6/2020 7:52:29 PM] [ERROR] Noble Connect [19266382]: Shutting down because of fatal error: Lost connection to relay server
    [06/08/2020 19:52:29] [ERROR] Noble Connect [19266389]: Unknown exception while sending
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Will do some more testing :/

JPG,

City: I live in a rural municipal district, nearest community is Wainwright, Alberta
    I use a high speed internet hub

Thread Information