5E Character Create Playlist
Page 47 of 53 First ... 374546474849 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Japes View Post
    Thanks for the help damned.

I restarted my whole laptop twice in an attempt to rattle something into place. Tried connecting on wifi and hotspot. No luck.
    My wife and I are having the same problem. Cant connect to any server.

Was fine yesterday.

Tried reboots, uninstalled steam verion and any launchers. Started from scratch with demo verison. Tried using a vpn. Not getting anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It could also be a block on the GM side; depending on the security settings on the machine, router or Internet provider level. For example, Comcast Advanced Security requires explicit approval of each incoming connection.

That's why having both sets of full logs (using Compile Logs button) is really necessary for us to be able to try to figure out anything.

Regards,
    JPG
    Is the connection flow of how a cloud-hosted game works posted anywhere publicly?

I'll try to get GM logs of a fresh test but I'm unclear on how a block on the GM side would cause a "timed out" message to the client for a cloud-hosted system, and would like to understand.
    Last edited by AgrathorTheMighty; May 14th, 2021 at 13:51.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Exqzrr View Post
    My wife and I are having the same problem. Cant connect to any server.

Was fine yesterday.

Tried reboots, uninstalled steam verion and any launchers. Started from scratch with demo verison. Tried using a vpn. Not getting anywhere
    Hi and welcome Exqzrr

I dont think is the same issue at all. Japes is a GM running FGC on a Mac.
    It sounds like you are players and... well thats all we know...
    You will need to provide some info for us to work with...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AgrathorTheMighty View Post
    Is the connection flow of how a cloud-hosted game works posted anywhere publicly?

I'll try to get GM logs of a fresh test but I'm unclear on how a block on the GM side would cause a "timed out" message to the client for a cloud-hosted system, and would like to understand.
    Its not cloud hosted. Its cloud brokered. The GM PC is always the host no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Its not cloud hosted. Its cloud brokered. The GM PC is always the host no matter what.
    Gotcha.

I managed to connect with the DM and get his logs as well, they're attached (ips redacted).
    Attached Files Attached Files

I also had a player (on a Mac) who was unable to connect to a recurring campaign yesterday after updating to 4.1. Players on a PC didn’t have problems, though. Will provide logs later if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi and welcome Exqzrr

I dont think is the same issue at all. Japes is a GM running FGC on a Mac.
    It sounds like you are players and... well thats all we know...
    You will need to provide some info for us to work with...
    Sorry I did not mean the same tech issues, just the same as we cant log in. Using windows 10 platform.

Additional info.

Everything was fine yesterday until the update. Once update came I could not get into any server Either public or private or even one my wife Created. I can make a campaign use my sources no problem

This account is an attempt to restart from scratch and use the Demo version. Prior with my regular Unity license, I had linked the account to steam and I thought maybe that was the issue. I have disabled firewalls, virus protection. I tried going through a VPN, rebooting my computer. Rebooting router. I used every troubleshoot tool.

Its probably something small I have to activate, deactivate. Finding that needed is always difficult.

v4.1 has an update to the FantasyGrounds.exe executable file. It could be that the new executable is being blocked by local security software - quite a few security apps still have some functionality even when disabled. Try removing the current allowance for FantasyGrounds.exe and recreate it. And make sure your network connection on the computer is set to Private, not Public.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    v4.1 has an update to the FantasyGrounds.exe executable file. It could be that the new executable is being blocked by local security software - quite a few security apps still have some functionality even when disabled. Try removing the current allowance for FantasyGrounds.exe and recreate it. And make sure your network connection on the computer is set to Private, not Public.
    Thank you for your help.

I just completely uninstalled the anti virus (Avast). This did not solve the issue.
    Last edited by Exqzrr; May 14th, 2021 at 15:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Exqzrr View Post
    Thank you for your help.

I just completely uninstalled the anti virus (Avast). This did not solve the issue.
    Uninstalling security applications means that Windows will enable default Windows Security: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...7-a2301879472d

So now you need to check that to allow FantasyGrounds.exe correct network access.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information