DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... Last

Connection Issues

We are aware that there have been several types of connection issues with FGU so far; and we're working to identify and fix those issues. The current issues we've seen with the most recent builds are stalled connections, and losing connection during mid-game ("de-synch" as referred to by some users). I am creating a new version of this thread to provide updated information, and to focus our efforts.

Current Build

We just pushed a new build today that should help with the stalled connections. For the mid-session disconnects, we still need to identify what might cause this. My current theory is that it seems to be related to campaign or module data getting into a state which saturates the network. (Possibly triggering security features on routers or relays to shut down connections) However, we won't know for sure until we can narrow down the issue.

Reporting Issues and Providing Data

In order to help us figure out what is happening in all the various scenarios that people have for their connections, I need data from anyone having a connection issue in order to try and reproduce the issue locally if possible, and provide us with as much information as possible to recreate and investigate.

When you have any connection issue occur, please immediately gather the logs from both the GM and the player. They can bring up the application console by typing /console in the chat entry box (or pressing button in upper left during launcher/load screens). Once there, just press the "Compile Logs" button, and provide the resulting ZIP file.

Additionally, for any mid-session disconnects, please have the GM provide a copy of the campaign folder zipped up. They can send to [email protected]; and make sure to reference the related report in this thread with the logs.

Thanks for your patience as we work through this,
    JPG

I had a sync issue on Monday. Though we didn't get any errors from the game, so no logs, but all players suddenly couldn't pick targets or move their tokens on the map. The first time this happened everyone restarted the game (GM also) and reconnected via LAN. Everything seemed to work fine for awhile and then it happened again. The second time I merely "un-shared" the map and then "re-shared" it and everything seemed to work for the remainder of the session. Sorry if this is in the wrong thread feel free to move it to the appropriate one.

Recognizing this issue is greatly appreciated, as my group has been having these issues for a while now. I'll start compiling logs as they occur and send as available.

I hope you guys figure this one out soon.

As noted, the new build on Tuesday should help address connection stalls, which will help password-protected games as well as random people not being able to connect. Plus, it helps get people reconnected if there are other disconnects. So, definitely make sure you update to the latest Live version.

For any other disconnect issues, we need examples and detailed steps in order to track down the issues. So, please send in the information I ask for in the first post, if you are having these issues in your game.

Regards,
    JPG

Cheers for that Moon Wizard.

I had a few new connection issues last night. I was connected to the cloud server and waiting for my players to connect. After about 5 minutes I lost connection and received an error from the slide out log. No one else was connected when this happened. I've attached the logs for that incident. After restarting the game and reconnecting it was fine on my end although two of my players were having connection issues. Both of them were from the same location (IP) and they were frequently losing connection. I don't think they were getting errors from the console log but their game would freeze and I would have to kick them from the game so they could reconnect. The other two players connected just fine and remained connected the entire game. This led me to suspect that this issue was party or entirely, related to the internet service of the two players at the same location. Sorry I don't have any logs from those players but like I said I don't thing they were getting errors from the game.
    fgu_logs_20200717.zip

Was it, by any chance, at the same time as Cloudflare got a DDOS attack and took a ton of progreammes/sites down with it for 10 mins or so?

I had weird connection issues last night. Many of my players couldn't connect until I updated (despite there being nothing for me to update); then once I did "update" I could no longer connect to myself via localhost. It would tell me that the versions were incompatible. The only way I could fix that was by restarting my computer, but then I was back to my players not being able to connect because I needed to "update".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkEiraStar View Post
    I had weird connection issues last night. Many of my players couldn't connect until I updated (despite there being nothing for me to update); then once I did "update" I could no longer connect to myself via localhost. It would tell me that the versions were incompatible. The only way I could fix that was by restarting my computer, but then I was back to my players not being able to connect because I needed to "update".
    I would make sure you do not have multiple installations of FGU on your computer. Also check the version date on the launch screen. Last resort, backup your data folder and then uninstall and reinstall.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information