FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Dice roller: 'Handler error: ...attempt to perform arithmetic on local nAdvantage

Got a dice roller error started last week. I included the compiled logs (hopefully).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    In what ruleset? With what extensions?

The error is in the deprecated function.

Sorry, I know better. I should note that I use the Forge for (most?) of these. I just noticed by typing this list that there are some duplicates in here. This just started last week, it was working fine with all of these before that I think. Don't know if the dups were in there two weeks ago. Would the Forge have added new features that I already had extensions for, and now I have duplicates? This only happens on our dice rolls, but all of those rolls. Can't drag and drop, the modifier box won't add anything, etc. Thanks for any help.

1ed. Pathfinder and a bunch of extensions:
    Ammunition Manager
    Clear Dead
    Feature: Advanced Effects
    Feature: Advanced Item Actions
    Feature: Ammunition Manager
    Feature: Attack Modifiers
    Feature: Aura Effects
    Feature: Customized Item Generator
    Feature: Enhanced Items
    Feature: Extended Automation
    Feature: Extra Actions
    Feature: Live Hitpoints
    Feature: Spell Formatting Improvements
    Full Overlay Package with other Icons
    Hero Points for Core RPG
    Live Hitpoints
    Mirror Image Handler
    PFRPG - Enhanced Items v4,2,1
    PFRPG - Raccouris Actions
    Remove Effect Tag
    Spell Failure
    Syrinscape Sounds
    Theme: Pathfinder - Official
    Time Manager
    Last edited by SgtPrylo; February 3rd, 2022 at 03:17.

Blog Entries
    Firstly double check that you dont have an unpacked CoreRPG or PFRPG or 35E ruleset.

Then you are going to need to unload the extensions one by one... either you have an outdated ruleset or one of the extensions is using a deprecated function.

How can I tell if I have an unpacked ruleset? I'm looking at the rulesets in my data folder (the .pak files) and I don't see anything out of the ordinary?

EDIT: would the size tell me? the PFRPG.pak is 17kb, but the PFRPG2.pak is 3.8mb; I don't even use the PFRPG2.pak.
    Last edited by SgtPrylo; February 3rd, 2022 at 12:15.

An unpacked ruleset would be a folder inside the rulesets folder. Not a .pak file. If you don't see any folders then you don't have an unpacked ruleset. And it would only affect you if the unpacked ruleset is the one you are using - pf1 in this case or the CoreRPG ruleset.

Your issue is most probably being caused by an extension.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I'm going through the extensions now. Not a coder by any stretch, so I wish the error message was more clear where to look.

That sounds like an error with my extension (full overlaypackage); this error was an incompatibility with one of bmos's extensions (I believe, advanced effects). But this got already resolved by Bmos Make sure to update all extensions, my extensions are on the forge, so, do not use any forum version (In fact, my extension has now a new name, so, it looks like you have an old version) Furthermore bmos's extensions are also on the forge, but are now in the vault, not the /extensions directory anymore. But: Versions in the /extensions directory will overwrite any version in the /vault such that even updating does not help then. Therefore:

1. make sure to subscribe to the forge versions
    2. Erase any versions of Bmos's extensions in the /extensions directory

If you only use extensions from the forge, then the easiest may be to simply delete all extensions in /extensions, then update FG after you made sure you use FG forge
    Last edited by Kelrugem; February 3rd, 2022 at 13:31.

I was just reading your extension, mostly at the 'advantage/disadvantage' bits. Thanks for the help.

So, I tried the simple thing: I disabled the Advanced Effects from bmos and loaded FGU. No change in the error. I'm going to try and delete all of the extensions...

Thread Information