5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 22 of 53 First ... 12202122232432 ... Last
    @godfatherbrak,
    We just released a version on Thursday night that handles some network reset events better that may help your situation. It sounds like your network settings are potentially failing over from one network to another. Do you have multiple networks setup and running on the GM machine, or VPNs?

@dikdastard,
    It's not a connectivity issue; so should definitely be in it's own thread. It sounds like you may have a lot of data in the system and/or extensions that may be slowing down everything. Have you tried turning off all the extensions for the campaign?

Regards,
    JPG

I have been having problems disconnecting in the middle of a game. The error message is Fatal Socket Exception:

Client side disconnect timeout
    (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[10/24/2020 2:52:15 PM] [WARNING] NETWORK: Noble Connect [1680082]: Fatal socket exception: Interrupted
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.ReceiveFrom (System.Byte[] buffer, System.Int32 offset, System.Int32 size, System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags socketFlags, System.Net.EndPoint& remoteEP) [0x0003e] in <14e3453b740b4bd690e8d4e5a013a715>:0
    at NobleConnect.Peer.ReceiveFromApplication (NobleConnect.Bridge bridge, System.Net.Sockets.Socket socket, NobleConnect.PaddedBuffer buffer) [0x00031] in <7c522bf7329a44f380b14d0e9e8f0dbd>:0

i will email log files to Support

@Skofield,
    smelton has been busy rewriting the client library; and the Interrupted warning/error is a hold-over that gets triggered on any disconnect currently (including valid ones). We've talked about removing that log entry as an error; since it's now part of normal expected behavior when a connection ends (whether deliberately or due to network conditions).

We've gotten your logs; and I asked smelton to reach out to you directly to look at the situation in more detail.

Regards,
    JPG

@Moon Wizard
    Thanks for the quick response. smelton is indeed working on it.

Skofield

Thanks all for the assistance. Turns out the problem was either fixed in the last push or was related to the player being on WiFi (my thought is WiFi). We had a full session last Sat. with five players and all went well.

Great to hear. Thanks for letting us know. @smelton has been doing a great job working in the shadows, and making the network connections smoother with each release.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @godfatherbrak,
    We just released a version on Thursday night that handles some network reset events better that may help your situation. It sounds like your network settings are potentially failing over from one network to another. Do you have multiple networks setup and running on the GM machine, or VPNs?
    This should just be my computer. I don't know how to set up multiple networks. I'll see if it works tonight.

I've just updated to the latest version - all tokens coming through as red ? on all clients. I have ultimate license and others all using demo version. All clients (4 of them) up-to-date. Tried to get it to work 1-on-1 cannot get tokens or custom portraits to appear on clients. Look fine on host. Was working fine before update. I am using a cloud server. Anyone else seeing this?
    Last edited by FallenAngel; October 31st, 2020 at 19:11.

Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel View Post
    I've just updated to the latest version - all tokens coming through as red ? on all clients. I have ultimate license and others all using demo version. All clients (4 of them) up-to-date. Tried to get it to work 1-on-1 cannot get tokens or custom portraits to appear on clients. Look fine on host. Was working fine before update. I am using a cloud server. Anyone else seeing this?
    Reported on this thread.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sent-to-client

After having my version mismatch error yesterday, and thinking our connection issues are solved, I once again am not able to connect. I just see FG logo permanently. There is no new update so I know that isn't the issue. GM has an ultimate license, everyone can connect, so we know network settings are correct. I tried to connect several times, restarting the program, changing computers, and updating the client, to no avail. Ofter serveral hours spent doing that, we found that my log says

Network Status:[Client][Connected][Client Type - PUNCHTHROUGH] while the other players say something different

Let me know if I'm missing something.

Thread Information