DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 17 of 53 First ... 7151617181927 ... Last
    Had connection issue for the previous two weeks of playing where players would drop out and have to be kicked to reconnect, but last night's session went perfectly network wise. Fixes seem to have worked, for my group at least.

I'm never able to join any games, until suddenly the game lets me in. I try for hours, stalling on that "attempting resolved connection" screen, canceling and restarting the join attempt, uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing works. Some nights I can't get in at all. I don't know anything about computers, but so far my experience with this platform has been overwhelmingly negative. I don't even know where to start to fix this thing. All of the advice I've seen has been way over my head.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BalthazzarBraxis View Post
    I'm never able to join any games, until suddenly the game lets me in. I try for hours, stalling on that "attempting resolved connection" screen, canceling and restarting the join attempt, uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing works. Some nights I can't get in at all. I don't know anything about computers, but so far my experience with this platform has been overwhelmingly negative. I don't even know where to start to fix this thing. All of the advice I've seen has been way over my head.
    Please post your logs. See the OP for instructions on how to do this. If you need more help to get them, let us know.

Also, do you have one of these ISPs (internet providers)? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'm not sure if I did this right, but here are the logs.
    Attached Files Attached Files

For anyone that was still having connection issues; we just released a new release build of FGU with an updated network library we got from the network brokering service we use. Steven spent a bunch of time investigating the specific scenarios that we face that their other developers don't see. We think that the updated library will address many of the connection issues; but we want to keep getting logs if you run into errors. Make sure to grab the logs immediately when the issue happens. (Instructions in the first post.)

Regards,
    JPG

I can't connect to the servers after this last update. Here's my log (I'm sending by email too)

It looks like something may be blocking access to lobby.fantasygrounds.com. Can you double check your firewall (i.e. Windows Defender) to make sure that any reference to FantasyGrounds.exe is allowed to access the Internet? (Sometimes new versions trigger a new network record/request.)

Regards,
    JPG

After the latest update none of my players are able to join my LAN game with portforwarding, Here are the logs from one of my players.
    I have checked windows defender and nothing is blocked, I disabled antivirus and double-checked my ports are correct, (UDP-1802)
    Cloud servers worked for tonights game but I would like to get LAN back up and working.

If your players can't connect to you then the problem is on your end - so it is your log files that are required. All the player logs show is that they attempted to connect and then cancelled the attempt.

Commonly the reasons why connections will stop working are that your network has changed to Public, your computer's IP address has changed and thus nullifying your Port Forward rule, or your anti virus is interfering with Fantasy Grounds. Also if your ISP is one of these that's another likely cause. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; September 26th, 2020 at 18:53.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hi, I'm trying to set up a new campaign, and one of my players is unable to connect. They get stuck on the fantasy grounds loading screen. I have another player who has connected, so it seems specific to him. Some support would be appreciated.

Thread Information